There's more to National Geographic than just a beautiful magazine; they're also one of the premier providers of detailed topographical maps for outdoor adventures. Their expertly researched and frequently updated Trails Illustrated maps are one of the most popular destination-based hiking map series' for sale on the market today...and its just gotten even better. They've just combined forces with the popular website AllTrails.com to release their Ultimate Outdoor MapKit, which includes access to all of their Trails Illustrated maps in addition to a full topographic base layer map, a one-year pro level membership to All Trails, and integration with the Google-based street, satellite, and terrain maps you've come to love. It even includes a full function mobile app for iOS and Android with GPS tracking.
A huge coverage area combined with the ability to have unlimited access to the system on virtually everything with a screen means this could be your all-in-one navigation solution for overland travel. The Ultimate Outdoor MapKit includes a one-year pro membership to AllTrails.com and a few sample sheets of National Geographic Maps Adventure Paper so you can take advantage of the printing capability of the program and transfer your need-to-know information to a waterproof and tear-resistant surface that won't die when the batteries run out.
• Mobile and online access to detailed maps for the entire United States including: seamless USGS TOPO!, National Geographic Trails Illustrated, Satellite, Terrain and Street Maps
• Unlimited printing
• Award-winning fully integrated mobile app for iOS and Android with GPS tracking, photo geotagging, and trail finder.
• Online route planning tools with distance and elevation profiling that seamlessly integrates with the mobile app.
• GPX file compatibility, enabling route sharing with handheld GPS receivers
• Online trail and place finder, with trail ratings, reviews, event calendars and more