Post pictures of your Land Rover.

SMD

Adventurer
Thanks Nathan. I've learned a lot over the years by reading about other people's rigs and want to help share the knowledge and lessons I've learned to perhaps assist someone else who's building up a D1.

Example: I wish I had ARBs instead of the DL/TT setup. This set-up works fine most of the time out west, but the limited time I spent on the east coast before moving (after the locker install, at least) I felt I was more limited by the DL. Still better than an open diff, but a selectable locker would have been preferred. Oh well, in a few years I may make the change.

bovw

Explorer
That is nice! Do you have a good side shot of it? I'm getting ready to do a rte 3 on my wifes D1 (soon to be mine again) and take the 235/85 Trxus MT off the RRC and move them. I've been wondering how it would look.

SMD

Adventurer
bovw said:
That is nice! Do you have a good side shot of it? I'm getting ready to do a rte 3 on my wifes D1 (soon to be mine again) and take the 235/85 Trxus MT off the RRC and move them. I've been wondering how it would look.

I don't have one with the current lift, but I can take a driveway pic later today and post it tonight.

JohnC

Observer
Pic of a friend from Uruguay traveling around the world in a Citroen Mehari....
IMG_9586.jpg

Last edited:

bovw

Explorer
galen216 said:
First post here.

Solomon's Islands is my new to me truck and the red one was my first 88"
I really dig that Solomons truck. You bringing that down to MAR, I mean the Cove in Oct?

galen216

Adventurer
I'll probably be going to MAR this year.

The new one has parabolics, OME shocks, overdrive, tuffy center box, 7.50x16 XZL's and I got an m416 trailer as part of the deal. Once I get my 8274 winch on the front it should be ready for anything.

SMD

Adventurer
bovw said:
Much appreciated.

web.jpg

web.jpg

I used the LR rubberized spring isolators top & bottom of the rear springs and bottom of the front springs. Top of front springs have the LR rubberized shock tower securing ring. Each corner lift varies a little, but average to 4".

I would consider not using the isolator on the bottom of the front springs. Even with winch and bumper the front sits slightly higher than rear (without load in cargo area) which causes a need to realign the headlights. I've addjusted my headlights down quite a bit, but I need to try and take them down a bit further - still blinding small car drivers when I pull up behind them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne