Post pictures of your Land Rover.

glr

Observer
Here is our 1990 Defender 110, pics take in Iceland earlier this year, vehicle listed in for sale section.

discocolin

Observer
Dunlop rover RT

Well I wanted to fully test out my new tires, but unfortunately My friends couldn't make it today, so I went out on my own around my house and found a place to at least play around with it a little bit. no mud to test out but boy did those make a BIG difference overall. I got the 265-75-16 dunlop rover RT from tire rack, and I have to say they rock, they are very quite compared to the mud tires that came on it when I bought it. The grip level on sand and dirt is great, they seem to clear out really well, Plus they are very quite and dont have any vibration, low or high speed. Here is a link to read about them http://www.dunloptires.com/dunlop/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Rover+RT&mrktarea=Light+Truck&treadwidth=265&aspectratio=75&rimdiameter=16&sidewall=BSL&prodID=29110094400000&zipCode=
They are rated #2 on tire rack under MT tires. They are a great overall tire if you actually drive your LR alot.

So here are some pix from today..

PS I there anyway to quiet down down the BANG when the spring reseats?

P1060392.jpg

P1060393.jpg

P1060388.jpg

Some nice shot of the tires... and the drop cones doing there job.
P1060395.jpg

michaelgroves

Explorer
discocolin said:
PS I there anyway to quiet down down the BANG when the spring reseats?

Yes, there is a kit you can buy (from me) for about £5! Works for irritating rattles and transmission whines too!

earplugs_Full.jpg

:hehe:

Mike_rupp

Adventurer
Spring retainers will quiet those springs down quite nicely. You won't be able to get sexy flex pictures anymore though.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Yeah, just know that when you hear that noise that there is a little magic happening back there... sort of like when the brownies are done and you hear that "ding"... magic.

:costumed-smiley-007

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Oops, I thought he was talking about the sound of the spring reseating itself or the sound of fresh brownies...

:ylsmoke:

AmityFJ

Observer
DSC00237.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

1994 D90 #1718
It has been modified by the original owner to go down to Central America, but his plans changed. His loss is my gain.
Sorry about the driveway shots, she'll see dirt soon enough ;)

Mods include:
Full skids
Dual Battery setup
Warn winch
HOFCO Anti Carjacking setup
Tuffy box
Baja dirt :ylsmoke:

She'll be a longterm project for me. :safari-rig:

riverguide

Adventurer
dbld that is a very good looking, very capable rover you got there. Like the ol' classic wheels.

What part of Missouri are you from exactly? Visited the state many times...Roaring river, Bennet springs, Lake Taneycomo, etc..

Beautiful area for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles