PDA

View Full Version : White Rim Trail, Canyonlands Natl Park 3/12-3/14/08

RockyMtnFamily
02-17-2008, 02:53 AM
I reserved a back country permit for the above dates and am looking forward to my first backcountry trip in Canyonlands. My plans so far are:

Day 1: Schaeffer Trail to Gooseberry Campground (30 miles)
Day 2: Gooseberry Campground to Potato bottom (36 miles)
Day 3: Potato Bottom to end of trail then out Hwy 313 (34 miles of trail)

I still have room for 1 more vehicle and up to 9 other people if anyone else is interested. I am driving a truck and can haul gear in the back if anyone wants to cover the trail on mountain bikes.

I am open to considering some other trips the first or latter part of that week, if anyone knows of some good backcountry areas to explore.

Kevin

Brett M
02-17-2008, 03:18 AM
Hmmm...so tempting. I think that I'm about due for a new T case though.......

Hit me up in a couple weeks if nothing comes around?

TCM
02-18-2008, 05:18 AM
I camped in these exact same locations during a trip on the White Rim in September of 2004. I would be interested in joining the group if you still have room. I would probably have my wife drive our Jeep TJ while I rode the mountain bike to each of the campsites.

SAR_Squid79
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I would team up with you in a heartbeat if this were a little later in the year!

...Maybe next year.

RockyMtnFamily
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I camped in these exact same locations during a trip on the White Rim in September of 2004. I would be interested in joining the group if you still have room. I would probably have my wife drive our Jeep TJ while I rode the mountain bike to each of the campsites.

I still have room if you are up for it. A co-worker of mine plans on tagging along with me in his 1999 Wrangler that he just had modified this past summer. He is a avid cyclist but plans on driving this time around.

Kevin

TCM
02-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Let me talk it over with my wife and I will confirm. My brother might be interested as well if my wife does not want to go.

Troy