PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Jamboree Rubicon Trip, 2008

rmarz
06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
I am planning on a trip over the Rubicon Trail this July 24th through July 27th. This is a Jeepers Jamboree event (more info www.jeepersjamboree.com) and one of the requirements is two persons per vehicle. My plans changed when my friend was unable to make it and I now have an open seat.

My basic plan is to drive to Northern Ca. a few days before the event and return to San Diego a few days after the event. I am flexible on the before and after travel days but I may need time to have any repairs done to the Jeep after the trip if need be.

I am interested in splitting costs, ticket ($350.00) and fuel (estimated total cost of $700.00).

If you are interested send a PM and we can work out the details.

nwoods
06-17-2008, 02:24 AM
I am very interested in doing this. I need to check with The Director. What's your rig? I'm a good spotter and able rock stacker, but when it comes to wrenching, I am pretty good at holding the flashlight in the right place while you do the work :-)

rmarz
06-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Nwoods,
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, modified. I have driven it over the Rubicon six times since it was new. Stacking rocks will not likely be needed, 35s under a 6 Full Traction long arm system.

I am not so skilled at wrenching myself, my plan has always been slow, careful and invite a mechanic. Seriously, the first time I had it on the trail the front axle broke, fortunately I was with some skilled folks that kept me going to town.

rmarz
06-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Seat taken, thanks to all.

Scenic WonderRunner
06-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Richard........

I'm glad you found a buddy!

Have tons of fun!