Pave the AT?

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
This has got to be a joke, or at least it better be a joke.

The same web site talks about establishing kiosks every three miles along the trail, the majority of which would include an outdoor patio and bar for patrons over 21. Can't be serious about that.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
http://pavetheappalachiantrail.org/more-info/

If you haven't guessed by now, this site is not real. There is no Pave the Appalachian Trail movement, funding, or any other poo like that. This site is just for fun, and is a play on how politicians, marketing people and the media twist salty-pretzel words to sound politically correct, when in fact, they are spewing complete bull crap.

While I know you may have been understandably upset at first, I want this website to get across a real message. Don't let politicians and media use twisted language to get you thinking how THEY want you to think. It's easy to sucker people these days. Hopefully, this will help increase your awareness of all the scams and shams that we all deal with-day in, day out.

If this website has upset you, I'm sorry. It's no worse than Candid Camera, and people ate that stuff up, so all I can hope is that you'll see the humor in this. Perhaps it will make you aware of just how much of a treasure we are blessed with in the Appalachian Trail. I'd like to give a special thank you to all the people that contribute their resources to the AT.

Jim

I don't find the site funny at all.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
Whew! Not real funny, but wouldn't have been surprising either. I kept looking and couldn't find a disclaimer. I thought it surprising that it claimed $8M in donations. Some of the sites with kiosks are local to me and I was sure I'd heard nothing about a Skybar on Trey since I know the area well, but there are a couple private road, so who knows?!

High Center

Adventurer
Well...the eventual Starbucks every 10 miles may have been handy...:sombrero:

I know people that would have taken this for a good idea.:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles