PDA

View Full Version : Expedition partner wanted

katydid838
03-16-2010, 03:33 AM
fully capable, outfitted rig, first time expedition in it. well-traveled, independent, retired, intelligent, looking for next big adventure. open schedule, no stops out of the question. backroads, scenic byways, tougher stuff if you know what you're doing -- ready and willing to learn. loose itinerary: upper US/Canada first, then ?? ready to go in April.

okay: no drama, don't pack your problems. prefer you have your own rig but will consider passenger/co-pilot. sense of humor, self-sufficient -- pull your own weight. great if you can fix stuff and teach me how. not, however, relying on you to do everything: just be nice to have someone along. doing it alone if don't find the right fit. and this isn't a singles ad <grinning> - let's just go eat some road, see some stuff, laugh a lot.

mdsarge
03-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Semi retired, may have some flexibility..must say you have perked my curiosity would like to learn more of your plans. I am a believer you can't get a long in life if you don't have a good sense of humor so I certainly have that covered...timing may be an issue depending upon this trip or more future opportunities...I have had my share of 4x4's, from willy's to land rover's to my current 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, sadly for sale, aside from heavy beach and Maine back country off roading you might say I am a novis to to heavy rocky terrains, depending on what your into and what your rig is....camping is a know brain er for me and am pretty resourceful....would love to hear more....

katydid838
03-24-2010, 08:17 PM
hi, and thanks for writing.

planning on leaving around first week in april if all goes as planned; i'm a novice, so no heavy rock climbing involved! i intend to be gone for about 8-10 weeks, going oregon through idaho, wyoming, montana, up into alaska and canada; maybe south from there, see how i feel then. have a rooftop tent and a dog and determination and little experience. should be an adventure...

4x4 explorer
03-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Suggest you head down to Arizona for Overland Expo. Great event for novice overlander and it's a great opportunity to meet others with interests like yours. I went last year and will be there again this year. If you go let me know. I too want to roam the Western part of U.S., Canada and Alaska.

mhiscox
04-25-2010, 12:39 AM
If you post here or PM Kate and do not get a response, it's because there have been some events that, last I heard, have put her expediton on the back burner. So she's not being rude, just preoccupied. She may post up later if/when the trip is rescheduled.

Julia
04-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Sorry to hear you may be delayed. When you know what your plans may be, I would not mind meeting up for a while. Cooke City is really pretty, but Beartooth pass is not expected to be open before May 28. If you like old ghost towns, there are a few in Montana that I really do like, but again, they may not be accessible until the snow melts. I am in Helena Montana, and contemplating a possible break before I begin my next job in the May/June timeframe. I have a Land Rover Defender 110, with a RTT and a dog also. Mine is an AK Malamute, but very friendly. I understand not wanting to travel alone, it is way more fun with friends.

sierrahsky
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Hello,

So I sent a pm but I wanted to let others know of my trip as we are also looking for people to join ( just for fun ). Me ( 26 M ) outgoing, experienced, and full of excitement. Her ( 25 F ) outgoing, excited, totally ready to leave. We are a crazy couple looking to find our place in the states. We have narrowed our search to Oregon, Washington, Montana. We are going to do a trip that leaves from NV goes to oregon, washington, alaska, montana, wyoming, utah and home. We are flexible on the route and are looking to really experience any place we can. We both rock climb, bike, hike, snowshoe, and are total adrenaline junkies. She is a writer and a personal coach, I am a web guy and an ex MMA fighter. We are both super energetic and full of life. We will be bringing our 2 siberian huskies Denali and Kodiak. We want to find our place to start a family and a home and need a place that matches our lifestyle, outdoors, athletic and positive. She is a writer and will be documenting this trip. I am a web guy and will be blogging, doing video, and pictures. We already have a small handful of local support ( sponsors you could say ) and are gearing up for 2011

We are really looking for people to join parts or the entire trip who can bring a positive attitude, willing to learn or help, and self sufficient. We are completely set up with our toyota truck and will be hopefully doing this for 3-6 months or more. Our basic set up is a truck built for snow, ice, and anything that you can throw at it, living out of the truck, general commodities ( fridge, stove, bed ) and tons of passion for expeditions and trips. My girlfriend and I have been together over 11 years and this is how we met ( in a car on a trip ) so we have been literally doing trips for over 9 years.

If your interested in joining, or participating for even a portion just let us know. We are planning on leaving sometime (flexible) from may - July of 2011 and dont really care when or if we come home. Just wanna go!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC_0393.JPG (http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/103882/cat/500)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/JD_Girls.jpg (http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/101021/cat/500)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC_1157.JPG (http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/114499/cat/500)

sierrahsky
11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Not sure if this is important but another thing I may not have mentioned is neither of us Smoke, do drugs, or party. We do enjoy the occasional glass of wine or rum and coke. We are just super healthy but are not jerks about it. Do what you want as long as my dogs and family remain safe I dont mind.

mk216v
02-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Hello,

So I sent a pm but I wanted to let others know of my trip as we are also looking for people to join ( just for fun ). Me ( 26 M ) outgoing, experienced, and full of excitement. Her ( 25 F ) outgoing, excited, totally ready to leave. We are a crazy couple looking to find our place in the states. We have narrowed our search to Oregon, Washington, Montana. We are going to do a trip that leaves from NV goes to oregon, washington, alaska, montana, wyoming, utah and home. We are flexible on the route and are looking to really experience any place we can. We both rock climb, bike, hike, snowshoe, and are total adrenaline junkies. She is a writer and a personal coach, I am a web guy and an ex MMA fighter. We are both super energetic and full of life. We will be bringing our 2 siberian huskies Denali and Kodiak. We want to find our place to start a family and a home and need a place that matches our lifestyle, outdoors, athletic and positive. She is a writer and will be documenting this trip. I am a web guy and will be blogging, doing video, and pictures. We already have a small handful of local support ( sponsors you could say ) and are gearing up for 2011

We are really looking for people to join parts or the entire trip who can bring a positive attitude, willing to learn or help, and self sufficient. We are completely set up with our toyota truck and will be hopefully doing this for 3-6 months or more. Our basic set up is a truck built for snow, ice, and anything that you can throw at it, living out of the truck, general commodities ( fridge, stove, bed ) and tons of passion for expeditions and trips. My girlfriend and I have been together over 11 years and this is how we met ( in a car on a trip ) so we have been literally doing trips for over 9 years.

If your interested in joining, or participating for even a portion just let us know. We are planning on leaving sometime (flexible) from may - July of 2011 and dont really care when or if we come home. Just wanna go!

I don't mean to take this off of Kate's original topic...but are you still headed out this way (Oregon)?

Are you looking for a new town to eventually move to? In Oregon, Hood River or Bend would be some good outdoor enthusiast cities.

sierrahsky
02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't mean to take this off of Kate's original topic...but are you still headed out this way (Oregon)?

Are you looking for a new town to eventually move to? In Oregon, Hood River or Bend would be some good outdoor enthusiast cities.

Yes, but we may have to break up the trip in to 1/2 sections due to the current economic problems. Our business has dropped a large amount since my last post.

We are looking for a place to end up in either oregon or washington after the trip is finished.

mk216v
02-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes, but we may have to break up the trip in to 1/2 sections due to the current economic problems. Our business has dropped a large amount since my last post.

We are looking for a place to end up in either oregon or washington after the trip is finished.

Completely understood.

I recommend either state as I've lived in both. Just don't bring too many more with you--it's kind of already getting too crowded. ;)
LMK if I can help at all! :smiley_drive:

-Jeremy

john101477
02-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Completely understood.

I recommend either state as I've lived in both. Just don't bring too many more with you--it's kind of already getting too crowded. ;)
LMK if I can help at all! :smiley_drive:

-Jeremy

hahah like the sign as you go from cali to oregon that says if you do not already have a job don't move here? lol
We are kind of in the same boat ourselves. we have thought about oregon and washington as well as having just left and going to be heading back to idaho for a job soon. We spent a christmas at sun river and have also traveled up into oregon and back down the coast line. amazing country.

Johnston
02-27-2011, 02:38 AM
If you make it to Hood River PM me and I'll show you around. I'll be headed back up to H.R. after Overland Expo in AZ if you are traveling the first week of April.

sierrahsky
02-27-2011, 04:53 AM
hahah like the sign as you go from cali to oregon that says if you do not already have a job don't move here? lol
We are kind of in the same boat ourselves. we have thought about oregon and washington as well as having just left and going to be heading back to idaho for a job soon. We spent a christmas at sun river and have also traveled up into oregon and back down the coast line. amazing country.

We went up the coast and on the way back kind of fell in love with the country. We are both small town, country, outdoors people so it just was great.

sierrahsky
02-27-2011, 04:53 AM
If you make it to Hood River PM me and I'll show you around. I'll be headed back up to H.R. after Overland Expo in AZ if you are traveling the first week of April.

Will do. We should also be at oexpo

john101477
02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
We went up the coast and on the way back kind of fell in love with the country. We are both small town, country, outdoors people so it just was great.

oh yeah. most of the coast line from say Fort Bragg Ca north is beautiful. Actually Nor Cal up through oregon is gorgeous. I am also the small town (-300 pop) outdoors guy although my wife a native floridian city girl has caught on fast and now has the bug almost as much as I do lol. I just did a write up on our adventure in the lost coast
http://www.squidoo.com/exploring-the-lost-coast

mk216v
02-27-2011, 03:27 PM
oh yeah. most of the coast line from say Fort Bragg Ca north is beautiful. Actually Nor Cal up through oregon is gorgeous. I am also the small town (-300 pop) outdoors guy although my wife a native floridian city girl has caught on fast and now has the bug almost as much as I do lol. I just did a write up on our adventure in the lost coast
http://www.squidoo.com/exploring-the-lost-coast

Great places, thx!

john101477
02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Great places, thx!

Your welcome and thanks. I really enjoyed that trip as a family. The wife and I spent our first anniversary doing the grants pass loop and back into cali to spent a few days in Crescent City. absolutely beautiful.

AmericaOverland
02-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I would be interested! However, it depends on the markets this year. I have to see how things shake out. It completely depends on that. Sounds like an EXCITING TIME!

Stephanie