EarthRoamer XV-LTS (S for Stretch)

...just ran across this on the EarthRoamer web site ( www.earthroamer.com )

xvlts.jpg

EarthRoamer is pleased to announce the EarthRoamer XV-LTS, our newest addition to the EarthRoamer family. The EarthRoamer XV-LTS is a "stretch" version of our F-550 based EarthRoamer XV-LT - the world's best selling self-contained luxury expedition vehicle. For adventurers that require more space or who are traveling with up to 5 or 6 people, the EarthRoamer XV-LTS was built for you.

The EarthRoamer XV-LTS is built on the new 2011 6.7 liter Power Stroke Turbo Diesel (735 lb-ft torque and 390 hp!) powered Ford F-550 chassis with an 84 inch cab to axle and GVWR of 19,500 pounds. This chassis is 24 inches longer than our XV-LT model which increases primary camper living space by a whopping 25% and interior storage space by up to 45%. The extra length enables us to offer new interior layout options including booth seating and sleeping for 6, or a dry bath with a separate toilet and shower. Battery capacity can be increased up to 36.7 kilowatt hours and solar capacity can be increased up to 680 watts. If you need more power we can install a compact 3.2 kilowatt Fischer Panda AGT 4000 marine generator. Fresh water capacity up to 117 gallons is available, and 13 gallons of 100 degree hot water is standard.

The EarthRoamer XV-LTS body features a seamless, one piece molded monocoque design that is strong and lightweight. This is the same construction that is used on many luxury yachts as well as our patented EarthRoamer XV-LT bodies. Yes, it is challenging and expensive to manufacture a one piece molded composite body, but with no seams to leak and no glued together flat panels to come apart, EarthRoamer bodies are designed to last for your lifetime and beyond. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the generously radiused corners of EarthRoamer bodies dramatically reduce the impact of heavy cross winds when compared to inexpensive flat panel construction.

EarthRoamer bodies also have excellent acoustic and thermal insulation properties. With no steel or aluminum reinforcement required, EarthRoamer bodies have no thermal conduction paths which enable effective heating and cooling with smaller and more energy efficient heaters and air conditioners. One EarthRoamer XV-LT owner trains winter special ops forces and this is what he had to say about the cold weather performance of his XV-LT:

"The ER is great and the cold weather improvements you made have worked out perfectly to -28F (ambient) nights (didn't even know it was that cold until I went outside) and 70+ mph winds: The vehicle is rock solid on deep snowy roads plowing through 12" of maritime snowpack. I have trained 5 SOF platoons since January and also do quite a bit of family winter trips: the vehicle has been a real boon in setting up a secure HQ in the boonies."
T.W., EarthRoamer XV-LT owner
The new 2011 EarthRoamer XV-LT and XV-LTS both offer new standard features including 90 gallon fuel capacity, 8.1 cubic foot stainless fridge/freezer, 12,000 btu air conditioner, 3,000 watt inverter, 125 amp charger and King off-road shocks. We are also offering exciting new options on the 2011 models including Bose surround sound, HD Satellite TV and ultrathin 32 inch LED HDTVs.

With over 100 EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicles on the road, we are confident that we build the highest quality and most refined design of any expedition vehicle manufacturer. With our new "stretched" XV-LT, we can now meet the needs of adventurers needing more space. Whether you are traveling with the whole family or just want more interior space and luxury, EarthRoamer builds an expedition vehicle that is sized to meet your unique requirements.

John W.

RVR2RSQ

Observer
love it

Less useful for off roading, but increased capacity.

I can't wait to see what the interior layout options look like.

haven

Expedition Leader
Nice to see that Earthroamer is building vehicles again.
The longer wheelbase must add seating and dining space
for four or five.

I think the image is a photoshop stretch of the original XV-LT,
rather than a photo of an actual vehicle.

Trey1940

I think the image is a photoshop stretch of the original XV-LT,
rather than a photo of an actual vehicle.

I don't know, the chassis is a 2011 model year, and it'd be hard to replicate the glare in the window for one photo...

Do i see a side-by-side refrigerator? :drool:

Dale

Adventurer
Great to see they are still in the game. I would like to see a shortened XV-LT too, most of my traveling is in the NE where it is densly wooded and moist. Gives me something to day dream about.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Yes, hopefully some folks will stay employed and things will improve on various levels.

A shortened one, too. That's a very interesting idea !

"Something to day dream about" - agreed :)

Maybe they will eventually come up with something in addition to the XV-JP, too ?

How about a one-piece "box" in a size that could be adapted to a variety of vehicles ?

Great to see they are still in the game. I would like to see a shortened XV-LT too, most of my traveling is in the NE where it is densly wooded and moist. Gives me something to day dream about.

Yes, that's the trade-off, I guess. This one will be more expensive, apparently, if I read the OP correctly... From looking at the GXV site and their new Freightliner based camper and its base price noted, it seems like this stretched one and the big one from GXV might be competition for each other ?

I am very interested to see the new interior layout options, too.

Less useful for off roading, but increased capacity.

I can't wait to see what the interior layout options look like.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
That looks NICE.

So what's the deal with ER? I thought Bill started another company? Did someone take ER over? I need info so I can continue to dream..... :)

D

Deleted member 9101

wonder if anybody wants to trade a jumping jack for one...lol

haven

Expedition Leader
The new model with more floor space would make a good vehicle for
an on-scene command post for police, fire and hazmat departments.

I think the photo is manipulated because the scenery next to the
vehicle is out of focus. If you look carefully at the truck frame
below the camper side window, you can see where a light streak appears
to be duplicated. I also think the reflection in the window doesn't look
quite right.

In any case, the photo shows what the stretched vehicle will look like,
and that's the important thing.

dzzz

I suppose that will be on the 19,500 GVWR chassis. Looking at the fuel and water specs it seems it would need to go up from the 17XXX GVWR. The 2011 Superduty has some nice offroad engine/transmission modes that should benefit the ER.
I don't believe the 2011 F550 cab/chassis is even available yet.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I suppose that will be on the 19,500 GVWR chassis. .

It says that in the 2nd paragraph.
They may just be putting out the specs based on what Ford's specs are.

I like it, I want basically the equivalent sized vehicle for a family adventure rig. I doubt I could ever afford a new one though! lol

36.7 kwh?
That's TWELVE 8D batteries! Over 1900 lbs.
The two that the ER has now at 255A-hr each, at 12.0V, hold ~6 kwh.
Even the largest Unicats only carry six 8Ds.

Charlie

skysix

Adventurer
perhaps he's using some of the new lithium batteries from electric cars etc. Probably a lot better power density but $$$$$

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
It will certainly limit the offroadability of the vehicle somewhat, but it sure would provide some much needed space inside the vehicle.

I like the ER a lot, but they are a touch small.

Bunk beds on one side would sure be nice! (yeah well, so sue me I have kids!) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online