FWC for Dodge Crew

Runt

Adventurer
Hello all
I need a bit of help from those that know the FWC models. I have read the fit lists, searched on the forum and read countless posts. I have emailed the manufacturer but this was right before Christmas and imagine they have taken time off. I’m busy working during the day so calling is difficult….so I have turned here. My dilemma is I have a 2005 Dodge Crew Cab Short Box 1500 work truck. Work has me travelling a lot lately and I hate hotels so I’m looking at buying a FWC model that will work….I believe the Hawk model. Issue I have is really do not see me sticking with this company all that long the way things are going my next job I will end up purchasing my own work truck & it will be a Toyota. So questions are will a Hawk model fit on a flat bedded Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab? Should I just go with the Eagle model that will fit on a Toyota? Does any one know if an Eagle will fit on a 2005 Dodge Crew Cab Short Box 1500? Thanks in advance for the help.

Runt

chnlisle

Adventurer
Hello all
I need a bit of help from those that know the FWC models. I have read the fit lists, searched on the forum and read countless posts. I have emailed the manufacturer but this was right before Christmas and imagine they have taken time off. I'm busy working during the day so calling is difficult….so I have turned here. My dilemma is I have a 2005 Dodge Crew Cab Short Box 1500 work truck. Work has me travelling a lot lately and I hate hotels so I'm looking at buying a FWC model that will work….I believe the Hawk model. Issue I have is really do not see me sticking with this company all that long the way things are going my next job I will end up purchasing my own work truck & it will be a Toyota. So questions are will a Hawk model fit on a flat bedded Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab? Should I just go with the Eagle model that will fit on a Toyota? Does any one know if an Eagle will fit on a 2005 Dodge Crew Cab Short Box 1500? Thanks in advance for the help.

Runt

Question; When you say "Short Box" do you mean the very rare Ram 5' box or the standard 6.5' box?

Either way an All Terrain Campers Panther or Ocelot will fit your truck. However you may want to leave the tailgate down on the 5' bed. Secondly I believe just about anything will fit a flat bed but you do need to consider cab clearance. I'd be glad to work through with you if you like.

Last edited:

Runt

Adventurer
Its the 5' box. Thanks for the offer but right now just trying to brainstorm.

Last edited:

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Hey Runt

Sorry for the delays in getting a answer to your question.

Yes, we took a few days off during the holidays and then were thrown back into high speed again for the start of our show season. We were in Denver, CO last week. Back in the office now getting un-buried.

If you are going to put a camper on a Toyota Tacoma flat bed, you might want to consider the Fleet Model. It will be a good fot for a Tacoma. The Fleet is not quite as big as the Hawk Model, but it is a little wider than the Eagle Model.

Yes, you could put the Fleet (smaller camper) on a larger truck for a little while if you wanted. You would just need a small platform for the camper to sit on and some camper jack extensions to get the camper jacks a bit wider. But beside that, not really a big deal.

See attached picture of a smaller camper mounted on a larger truck.

One Important Question For You Though ...

When you say Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Short Box "work truck" are you referring to the newest Dodge Ram 1500 trucks that have the outside storage compartments built into the sides of the truck bed ?? If this is the truck model you have, that would make a big difference on the fit of the camper on the truck. The new Dodge Ram 1500 trucks with the storage compartments built in are much narrower than a normal truck bed and will be a PITA to get a camper on.

:(

Just let me know if you have any other questions down the road as you are doing your research. I would be glad to help.

Happy Camping !

------------------------------------------------------

Hello all
. . . I have a 2005 Dodge Crew Cab Short Box 1500 work truck . . . I believe the Hawk model . . . So questions are will a Hawk model fit on a flat bedded Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab? Should I just go with the Eagle model that will fit on a Toyota? Does any one know if an Eagle will fit on a 2005 Dodge Crew Cab Short Box 1500? . . .

Runt

Attachments

• P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P1010116.JPG
    P1010116.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 10_d_r15_photo_ext_13.jpg
    10_d_r15_photo_ext_13.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 32

Forum statistics