rear locker light

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
i have a 2000 tacoma and the rear locker light has been coming on by itself (but its faint.. less bright then when i click the switch) Its been happening when its in 4wd and if i shift out of 4 wheel or turn the truck off it goes away for a while then comes back on after a few hours.

is there a common problem that i should look for first? when i engage the locker switch the light blinks like normal until its locked but during the off stage of the blinking, the light is still on but dim.

when the light comes on the locker is not engaged. when i click the switch the locker engages

D

Deleted member 13060

Start at the locker and make sure the connection is clean. Don't just look at it, spray it with some contact cleaner and plug and unplug it a few times to clean the pins and sockets. Spray it again to clean out anything from the previous step, blow it out with compressed air and put some dielectric grease on it and see what happens.......

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
thanks, that was what i was going to try, just wondering if this might meant anything else might be wrong, like it was some indicator of some sort.

sometimes my jetta throws a random light that has nothing to do with the light, if you look it up in the manual it means something different than what the light is actually indicating (if its flashing or not, or on at startup/off when running, etc..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne