ICON Add A Leaf Questions

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Any one running them with a loaded truck.(Camper shell, rack, sleeping platform) I need to upgrade the leafs on my 08 Tacoma after our last trip, not a ton of stuff but plenty of sag and some bottoming out. I talked to Toyota about the TSB springs but my tuck is out of warranty. So I am looking at new springs or add a leafs. Dakars are on the top of my list but I don't know if I want to shell out for new packs. It seems like ICON makes top notch stuff and I like the low lift amount 1.5", but I am leery of getting rid of my overload leaf. Thanks for any feedback form your experience with these in a more expo truck.

keezer37

Explorer
Aternative

I shunned removing my overload leaf also. Weight capacity was and is my main concern. I've been running Wheeler's single leaf ($77.50) since late '06 on non-TSB springs. I hump/tow rocks, logs and the occasional 5k tractor. It's still sitting level and does not bottom. Without the leaf, it used to bottom with two adults in the back
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

Tacovendor

Explorer
Dakars, I'm running the IVD add a leafs and with the extra weight of the fridge, rear swing out bumper etc. it's to much for them. They are currently working on their overland line that will hopefully include rear springs.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Thanks for the feedback, I was wandering how they were on your truck with all the kit on there. What to you know about the possibility of new springs from IVD?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke