Another Tire-Wheel question

fisher205

Explorer
I just bought a T100 and would like to switch out the 15 inch wheels for 16. I have some aluminum GMC wheels sitting around and would like to run some 235/85 16's. Is this going to work. I guess I am being lazy and not wanting to dig them out of storage to check back spacing. Thanks
Brad

Falkon

Adventurer
You'd probably find more answers on Tundra Solutions. I'm Not sure if they have T100 section however.

thefatkid

Observer
No, the GMC wheel will not fit the T100. The inner wheel hole is the wrong diameter. The tire will work fine on a different set of wheels. Well, I should say that. The wheels might work if they are pre IFS GMC half ton wheels.

phsycle

Adventurer
The wheel bolt pattern is the same (6x5.5). Not sure of the hub size, though. But I've seen a few Toyotas running around with GMC wheels, and seems to work for them (although it is blasphemy :D). But Tacoma, 4Runner wheels can be had fr cheap, so that's the route I'd go. Just make sure to NOT get 05+ Tacoma and 03+ 4Runner wheels, as they've got a higher offset.

I am running 16" Tundra wheels on my truck with 285/75/16 tires and only have a bit of rubbing on the front when turning and the suspension compressed.

Kevin

fisher205

Explorer
Thanks again for the comments. I just bought some 16's off of a Tundra from neighbor. I am planning on putting some 235/85-16's on it with no lift. What little I have found it should work w/o rubbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles