OME Nitro Shock

gfiero

Adventurer
Any one had issues with the Nitro Charger Shock? I just replaced my front OME shocks with the Nitro Charger It is a 07 Taco Dble Cab Shtbed with a flippac. The Oringinal shocks lasted 75,000 miles, I have the Hvy Duty springs on the front. Now the shock seems unable to handle the springs. I get a jolt every time I go over even speen bumps.

Any thoughts?

SouthernMatt

Part numbers?? Most likely it is actually the springs. You want to be sure the spring/shock combination needs to the encouraged combination from ARB. The jolt could be the shocks topping out. Are you running any other aftermarket front suspension components?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Part numbers?? Most likely it is actually the springs. You want to be sure the spring/shock combination needs to the encouraged combination from ARB. The jolt could be the shocks topping out.

x2

Gordon, do you have OME springs up front? 885? 886? If so, make sure the spring and the shock are matched per ARB/OME recommendations.

gfiero

Adventurer
Preformance plus, the installers, looked at the install and the shocks this morning. After driving the truck by a couple of the guys they agreed that it felt like the shocks were under gased. They have had had this problem on other venders products. I called ARB and after a short friendly conversation they offered to send me a new set. Customer service at it's best!!

I used to tell my employees that the measure of any company is not if they make mistakes, but how the handled them since we all make them. Using that as a measuring stick, ARB is in good shape.

I am off to Death Valley as soon as I get the new set installed.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Is OME asking for the shocks back for testing? I'd love to hear what they come up with, never heard of that issue myself. Glad to hear they are taking care of you.

Frostymug

Observer
Did the replacement shocks resolve your suspension issues?

I may have the same problem.

I recently installed the complete OME heavy suspension on a 2010 Tacoma. When the truck is driven over speed bumps at 5 to 10 mph I also experience a harsh jolt from the front suspension. It feels like the front wheels are getting airborne and then slamming back down while the rear suspension absorbs the bump without drama. I believe the front springs are too stiff and/or the shocks are not controlling the springs.

gfiero

Adventurer
Do you have the Nitro Charger or the earlier N140S? All I can suggest is talking to ARB, I believe they will want to know if they have a problem product.

mbtytc07

Mine, too.

I also installed the Nitrosport 9000 struts on my 07 dc/lb this june and have had a similar problem. I find it most pronounced on square edged bumps. It seems as if there is not enough rebound damping and the strut can not hold the strut as the tire "breaks" over the edge of the terrian feature resulting in the tire skipping forward of the feature and slamming down. I have noticed it while crawling thru rocks/ditches more so than rolling features.

My truck was side swiped back in March and I have been wondering if the swaybar wasn't bent in such a manner as to cause the strut to hang up. Glad to here that this may not be the case.I figured these structs would be a bit stiffer compared to the 140's - but not like what I am experiencing. I have thought that the wallowing I've read about regarding the 140s would be preferable to the jarring (and full fender) shake it presently makes.

Please keep this thread going!!!

Frostymug

Observer
Sorry for the incomplete post earlier. The Expo server was acting strange and not allowing me to post a full reply.

I may have the same problem.

I recently installed the complete OME heavy suspension on a 2010 Tacoma. When the truck is driven over speed bumps at 5 to 10 mph I also experience a harsh jolt from the front suspension. It feels like the front wheels are getting airborne and then slamming back down while the rear suspension absorbs the bump without drama. I believe the front springs are too stiff and/or the shocks are not controlling the springs.

Another problem I have is too much lift, 3 1/4” in front and almost 4” in back. The CV joints are at such an extreme angle that the upper CV boots are rubbing and the lower boots are just touching. I also have vibration issues coming from the drivetrain.

When I talked with ARB they had not heard of these issues before. They are sending a set of 885 springs to replace the 886 springs and suggested I remove the extra leaf spring from the rear. They did not offer to replace the front shocks but I think I should request new shocks as well. I have the newer Nitrocharger 90000 shocks

The Tacoma has 150 lbs. of ARB bumper, 70 lbs of winch, 100 lbs of rock sliders, and 300 lbs of FlipPac.

Any ideas?

Cliff

tomesd

Observer
I recently changed my front struts out to the 9000's and went ahead and added new 886's to the front of my '06. The ride is so much smoother now, as a matter of fact I had the symptoms listed before I changed them out to the 9000's. speed bumps and cracks in the pavement I used to avoid and dread are as smooth as silk in comparison now.

gfiero

Adventurer
One would almost wonder if there is a quality control issue on these shocks from what I am reading. I still am inpressed with ARB's response. I hope this is not a major issue and is quickly resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles