Tacoma reverse shackle

bat

Explorer
I have been wanting to do this for awhile to gain a little lift and gain a little more droop. I finally got in the garage and started cutting pieces to fit the puzzle, I will use the stock rivet holes for mounting. I do get a little bored if I do not have a project and this has been on my mind for a long time.

shackle 002.JPGshackle 007.JPGshackle 006.JPG

upcountry

Explorer
Nice work on the custom design. How much lift will that yeild in addition to the enhanced articulation?

Check out what Kevin at ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) in Virginia is doing with a similar design
A bunch of vehicles over on Tacoma World are running reverse shackle setups on 2nd gen tacomas.

bat

Explorer
I am thinking maybe 3/4" of lift but mostly I was looking to get a little more drop out the springs to keep the tires on the ground. I was looking at ATO for a long time but he has been busy doing other things and decided to do my own.

tacollie

Glamper
Looks good. You were probably better off doing it yourself than going with ArmorTech. I am a little bit of a metal fab snob so maybe take this with a grain of salt but the welds on my reverse shackle kit from Armor Tech looked like crap. Structurally they were probably fine. I ended up selling the kit to a guy on ttora.

bat

Explorer
Install is complete and added about 1 1/4 of lift and the ride seems to have a little softer feel to it. The material for my next project is collecting dust so off to the lab to create another mess my wife loves to see. :)

009.jpg008.jpg007.jpg

zolo

Explorer
Thats pretty awesome. Im interested in doing the same as my factory set up is all bent to hell.
I like it good work!!

ColtonA7X

Have you thought about making any additional shackles? There is quite a large market for the 2nd gens and no vendors.

If you do decide to make anymore I am very interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles