Replacement Gen 1 Tacoma Seats

oliverlove

Adventurer
Howdy all! I have been lurking here for a while and after the recent sucess of dragging my new wife out into the desert in the Tacoma, I want to latch on the excitement! So, with lots of new truck goodies sitting in the garage I am looking for some new seats. I have looked around some, and most people say to take seats from other vehicles and install them, but its really not what I am looking for. After 5 hours in Big Bend N.P. the wife complained about her back. So, I am looking for some suspension seats that will fit in my gen 1 Taco, 2001, and are comfy.

Goals
Replace stock seats, and gain room for a center console(current 60/40 split)
spend less than $1000 on both(or close to)
Keep the wifey happy! :)

So, what can you all recommend?! If you have experience with different brands of seats, please contribute yours thoughts

oliverlove

Adventurer
For anyone interested we are looking at Mastercraft seats, as well as Recardo seats. I will post up pictures and the install when its time.

TexGX

Explorer
I know 1leglance found a place with take out toyota minivan seats. He had them in his land cruiser and now in the 70 burb. You may want to look that direction. I also liked the fact they had arm rest.

TexGX

Caoboy

Adventurer
which ones do you run, and did you have to make a custom bracket? I'm in the same boat, like the truck hate the seats.

Depending on which seat company you go with, they make the brackets as well.

I know for my 4Runner the brackets are $99/seat.

This is from Corbeau.

Youngunner

Adventurer
I know it's not what you're looking for, but food for thought if you want to stay inexpensive and have a little welding skill. 89-93 (I think) 4runner seats with the adustable bolster and lumbar (look for the tilting headrests). Cheap and easy to find. The bolt holes are pretty close. They needed some modification on the tracks and an extra bolt in the floor, but nothing too bad. I added some Cordura covers too.

P1160012.JPGP1240002.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles