2001 tacoma with supercharger

SSBAJ

Found a 2001 tacoma. With 90k 4whd ext cab. It has a supercharger 5 speed and looks real clean one owner and he want 13700. Seems a little high, but isn't this like the best year for tacoma? How much do you think this is worth? It also has a are campershell with the windoors.

juicebox

Adventurer
Technically, the best year was 2002.

Yeah, seems high to me. See if the timing belt and water pump have been replaced, make sure there is proof.

If he has all the maint. records, clean title, good tires, etc. and if it's the TRD version with a rear locker he could probably get 12.5-13K for it.

SSBAJ

Good questions about the timming belt.. And the supercharger install. It does have the trd package. I will ask these questions and and make an offer. then I will have to sell my 94. Kinda sad had it since new. But it will be an upgrade.

Applejack

Explorer
Those trucks go for top dollar in my area, so to me the price is ball park and the mileage is low. If the frame is rusty, I mean really rusty, walk away. Slight rust spots on the frame here and there from normal wear is not an issue, if it's like cancer and pitting the frame all over the place, it is an issue, otherwise if you are not in a corrosive environment yourself, than it's NBD.

bajabloke

I just paid $12,500 for an 02 with TRD package and 135, 000 miles and I'm pleased. It is over Blue Book and he was asking $14,000. A local dealer had something similar and would not accept $13,000.

Toyotero

Explorer
The warranty was extended to 15 years. Here is some info on that
View attachment Toyota-dealer-communication.pdfView attachment Toyota-vehicle-inspection.pdfView attachment Toyota-warranty-policy.pdf

"Best year of Tacoma" is a highly debatable topic.

Did they upgrade the injectors when the installed the supercharger? I've read that installing them on a stock engine results in some knocking which can eventually damage the engine. That's all hearsay, no first hand experience. RMP&O used to have a Taco with a supercharger, he'd be a good one to PM about that set up.

Last edited:

oliverlove

Adventurer
There was a post just recently on TW about an owner getting a letter stating they were done with replacements. The post above mine clearly changes that situation.

Howard70

Adventurer
Frame Rust Warranty Extension

Reading the pdf documents posted earlier in this thread (thanks Oliver L.) looks like the warranty extension covers 1995 - 2000 Tacomas. SSBAJ is looking at a 2001 so isn't the extended warranty a mute point for the truck he's examining?

Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles