1995 T100 new project

dieseldan

First post on a forum I've long followed through links from my Landcruiser club site (ih8mud).

I've just sold an 08 Tundra and wanted to downsize but I'm not ready to shell out big bucks on a new taco - really holding out for a diesel engine option or a donor truck to do a transplant.

So I stumbled across a T100 in nice condition (170k km's) and the price was right. I'm not planning a full expo rig but a reliable functional fsr truck for camping with the family and daily driver. I'd love to find a part # for the TJM bumper though if I can't find one then a custom job.

First up:

Suspension upgrade
33"s
Exhaust needs replacing so upgrade
Bumper w/winch mount
Sliders
Bottom protection
Light Force lamps
Air bags
Flip Pac or 4wd pop top

I've read about the superchargers but unsure of costs..

T100 142.JPG

Looking forward to digging in and getting to know a new ride and a new forum.

PoindexterS

Sliders

I can build you some sliders like the ones I build. Look at my album and if you are interested we can talk about prices and logistics. I have made the same basic design for a couple of 4Runners and a couple of FJ's and Dodge pick-ups and many on Jeeps. You can set a HiLift under them and lift one side of truck off the ground. They are welded to frame so you would need to have them welded onto your frame. They make excellent steps and rocker protection. All out of 1 1/2" x 3/16" square tubing and 1 1/4" sch 40 pipe. Pipe is bent on a hydraulic bender, nice smooth bends with no crushing or flat spots in bends. Cost is $350.00 plus shipping. shipped ready to finish (cleaned up ready to paint or finish as desired). I can provide pics of other rigs if you want. Building these would be easy as I can use the measurements from mine.

BT100

TJM part #

Hi
Congrats on the new T100. The part # for the TJM steel T17 (without hoop) is:070SB17N90A. Steel T15 (with hoop) is: 070SB15N90A. Aluminum T17 is: 070AP17N90A. Aluminum T15 is: 070AP15N90A. I have the T17 in steel and from what I was told it was just about the last new one in the US. I don't think TJM even makes any of the variations anymore. I have a '96 T100 4x4 xtracab with a moderate number of mods, If you have any questions let me know!
Good luck with your new T.
BT100

haven

Expedition Leader
The T100 has a surprisingly large payload, 2150 lbs in several of the versions. That's 50% more than the typical Tacoma of the era, very useful for carrying a camper and gear.

dieseldan

Thanks PoindexterS - logistically it wouldn't make much sense though - I do have a few great builders locally who have helped me with Cruiser builds. I appreciate your reply though!

dieseldan

I figured they would be very difficult to get hold of - thanks for the part numbers - they will certainly help in the search. I've read up on the need to beef up the mounts also.

Cheers!

Hi
Congrats on the new T100. The part # for the TJM steel T17 (without hoop) is:070SB17N90A. Steel T15 (with hoop) is: 070SB15N90A. Aluminum T17 is: 070AP17N90A. Aluminum T15 is: 070AP15N90A. I have the T17 in steel and from what I was told it was just about the last new one in the US. I don't think TJM even makes any of the variations anymore. I have a '96 T100 4x4 xtracab with a moderate number of mods, If you have any questions let me know!
Good luck with your new T.
BT100

dieseldan

I followed KC's pop top camper thread and just learned about the payload the other day - adding the airbags seems pretty slick and will be on the short list asap.

The T100 has a surprisingly large payload, 2150 lbs in several of the versions. That's 50% more than the typical Tacoma of the era, very useful for carrying a camper and gear.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Nice choice. I loved the one I had. the T100's were just about the perfect truck for my usage.

CYi5

Explorer
Yesss, another T100 build! Looking forward to seeing your upgrades. Are there gearing options available on these trucks?

dieseldan

I've read that there are - and a surprising amount of parts on ebay motors still around - the local dealership where its always been serviced mentioned that they have no issue with most parts - wondering which rare items I might stock up on - planning to have this truck passed down to our son in a couple years.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
There isn't much that goes wrong on them. When we sold mine at 300k miles, it needed very little. Toyota is is good at not using planned obsolescence. Most parts are still easily ordered right from the dealer.

G100

Adventurer
Love seeing T100 builds, there aren't enough. I must admit if you find a TJM bumper I am going to be a little mad and a lot jealous, for the first six months I had mine I was actively searching on the internet daily for one, I have now just given up, they don't exist. There is definately a lack of aftermarket product support, but I like it, it forces you to be creative. Can't wait to see what you come up with and look forward to sharing ideas with you in the future.

BT100 - lets see your rig

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
Love seeing T100 builds, there aren't enough. I must admit if you find a TJM bumper I am going to be a little mad and a lot jealous, for the first six months I had mine I was actively searching on the internet daily for one, I have now just given up, they don't exist. There is definately a lack of aftermarket product support, but I like it, it forces you to be creative. Can't wait to see what you come up with and look forward to sharing ideas with you in the future.

BT100 - lets see your rig

Not true, this guy has one on his T100 in Thousand Oaks. Might want to throw him an offer for the bumper if you are somewhat close.

G100

Adventurer
Oh! My! God!, how did you find that? Calling tomorrow, and if I get it, CYi5 I owe you a beer or three at the BBC. (I am from the LB, also)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles