2010 Tundra - RCSB - Rig Rocket Build

City_Rider

Adventurer
After receiving a PM showing some interest in the Tundra hiding behind my 4Runner I figured I would throw up some pictures and go through the run down of what I have done to it so far. It's my 'work' truck but didn't stay stock for long! I think I have a problem... (at least my wallet thinks so!).

Front Suspension
- Fox 2.5 CO's
- Camburg UCA's

Rear Suspension
- Fox 12" 2.0 RR Shocks
- OME Dakar Leafs
- Camburg 1.5" Lift Shackles

Mechanical
- K&N Cold Air Intake (with Amsoil conical filter)
- Borla Dual Rear Exit Exhaust (modded from double cab model to fit shorter wheelbase)

Wheels
- Summer - 18" MB Motoring TKO's
- 325/65/18 DuraTrac's
- Winter - 18" Stock Offroad Wheels
- 275/70/18 Studded DuraTracs

Armor
- Expedition One Front Bumper (with custom stinger)
- Expedition One Rear Bumper

Accessories / Mini Mods
- Wet Okole Seat Covers
- MPG Buttons added
- Sil-Blade Wipers
- Bushwacker Fender Flares (pocket style - bolts painted black)
- Soft Topper Rear... soft topper
- Line-X Bed
- 20% Tint
- Mag-Lite Mounted behind driver seat
- OTRATTW Back Up Light Switch
- OTRATTW Zombie Light Switch for Light Bar
- 1.25" Wheel Spacers
- Debadged
- Colour Matched Front Grill Frame
- WeatherTech Digi-Matched Floor Liners
- WeatherTech In-Gutter Rain Guards
- Screen in front of radiator
- LED Rear Tail Lights[pl
- 2000# Bed Rolling Drawer with 3/4"

Lighting
- HID PNP Kit (4300K)
- Morimoto 32" LED Light Bar
- PIAA 510 Ion Yellow Fogs with HID Upgrade
- TUFF LED 2x2 Back Up Lights

Audio
- JBL Speakers
- Black Stubby Antenna

Wish List
- Long Travel!

When it came home:
HSjqvh6.jpg

U4j2JGa.jpg

What it looks like now:
TF42FEN.jpg

Last edited:

montypower

Adventure Time!
I saw your build on another forum. It's a cool truck. Too bad Toyota quit making those standard cabs. Nice work!

City_Rider

Adventurer
Thanks!

I didn't need the extra cab space and so I was quickly sold on the RCSB - this particular model is quite rare, they don't even make the Blue Streak colour any more!

Frosty_1

Adventurer
City Rider,

Just had sent you a PM when I saw the thread.

I love this truck! Have any shots showing the space behind the seats?

For those wondering, Toyota does still make these in limited quantities. They're hard to find with the TRD package, but they can be had, according to a few dealers I've talked with in the last week or so.

f.

City_Rider

Adventurer
City Rider,

Just had sent you a PM when I saw the thread.

I love this truck! Have any shots showing the space behind the seats?

For those wondering, Toyota does still make these in limited quantities. They're hard to find with the TRD package, but they can be had, according to a few dealers I've talked with in the last week or so.

f.

I'll grab one tomorrow - I've got a bunch of gear behind them but with a Rubbermaid box it will give you some perspective.

City_Rider

Adventurer
It's been a long time since I updated this thread - time to wipe off the dust and resurrect it.

Here is a picture of the room behind the seats in the Tundra Regular Cab - enough room for my dog to lay down and I can also pack around a decent amount of stuff back there.
IMG_1238.jpg

I installed a Morimoto Light Bar (32" version from TRS) which is pretty slick - performs to my expectations! I'll have to grab some night time pictures to show the contrast between lightbar > high beams > low beams.
IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Wow, there is a lot of room behind the seats. Never really looked at those before....looks to be as deep or deeper than an access cab Tacoma.

IMG_1238.jpg

City_Rider

Adventurer
Here is a picture of when I was hauling hay for my parents - it got a little squirrely over 85-90 km/hr without a front swaybar on so it may get added back in to the mix.
IMG_1998.jpg

City_Rider

Adventurer
Definitely the muddiest it's ever been! Cruising down forestry trunk roads doing 85-90 km/h in 4x4 and the truck handled like a champ. Only casualty was my exhaust popping of the hanger, fixed that this AM.

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

Derek24

Explorer
Looks like a self wash station is needed lol! How did the Duratracs do in the mud? Also how are you liking them? I'm thinking the Duratracs are my next tire....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles