Bed Dimensions

java

Expedition Leader
I thought I'd ask for a little help here.
I'm looking for a tonneau cover for my trailer, made from a 72 datsun, who's bed doesn't exist in any cover catalogs. I'm hoping that a toyota bed maybe close, if anyone is willing to give me the inside dimensions of their bed it would be awesome. I'm looking for 55 3/4" wide by 73 1/4" long.

upcountry

Explorer
Wow, that is impressive how long that thing is, a full 6 foot bed.

I am willing to bet that the 83' to 88' short bed would be fairly close to that.

Found this online for Second Gen Tacoma Regular Bed (Not Short Bed):

Bed length (in.) 73.5
Bed height (in.) 18.0
Bed width (in., total/between wheelwells) 56.7/41.5

java

Expedition Leader
Wow, that is impressive how long that thing is, a full 6 foot bed.

I am willing to bet that the 83' to 88' short bed would be fairly close to that.

Found this online for Second Gen Tacoma Regular Bed (Not Short Bed):

Bed length (in.) 73.5
Bed height (in.) 18.0
Bed width (in., total/between wheelwells) 56.7/41.5

Yeah its a great size! The info I've found online isn't very accurate to real dimensions. Kind of frustrating, I've been stalking parking lots with my tape measure, a ranger is close but too skinny.

upcountry

Explorer
Should tow it up to Canopy World in Edmonds of Hwy 99 (south of Magic Toyota) and have them measure it and see what models will fit.

Are you looking for a camper shell or a flat style cover? If flat, canvas style or hard pastic/steel?

Andy@AAV

Old Marine
Ive been measuring my bed for an RTT rack and those numbers above are spot on for my 2010 Tacoma. It does vary depending on where you measure to (inside of the top rail vs middle).

java

Expedition Leader
Should tow it up to Canopy World in Edmonds of Hwy 99 (south of Magic Toyota) and have them measure it and see what models will fit.

Are you looking for a camper shell or a flat style cover? If flat, canvas style or hard pastic/steel?
I tried calling and they said they couldn't look it up by dimensions, maybe ill have to go up there. Looking for a roll up canvas one.

Ive been measuring my bed for an RTT rack and those numbers above are spot on for my 2010 Tacoma. It does vary depending on where you measure to (inside of the top rail vs middle).
very cool, looking at the very top edge. Can anyone else chime in on this?

aikane

Observer
My '91 toyota ex.cab measures 73-3/8" X 57-1/4", inside to inside/top rail. You might want to check the pre '89 pickups. Tacos and t-100's will definitely be larger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles