Outitting the Family Cruiser

bs1865

Observer
My family and I are outdoor enthusiasts - camping, hiking, backpacking, travel, hunting, etc. After research, decided that a 2003-05 Land Cruiser fits the bill.

On the "Top 10 Used Overland Vehicles" Scott Brady suggests an OME HD Suspension, new shocks and 295/75 R16 BFG ATs. Then in the Cons section he mentions strengthening the differentials and axle arms when overloaded or overdriven.

Our travel would include long distance highway travel, trips to parks/campgrounds (local, state, national and hopefully remote), road trips out West, 2 x per year Elk Hunting trips in the Rockies on some 4x4 trails, running around the great state of Texas (Big Bend, Hill Country, etc). We would occasionally pull a trailer (maybe adventure style), kayaks, gear for week long travel, etc. Are there any other mods you'd find important for this type of travel. I'm looking for effective, purposeful upgrades, not fluff.

Thanks in advance!
Robert

98roamer

Explorer
Robert,
The LC 100 will be perfect for what you have described. The OME upgrade will depend on what you are carrying or pulling, but stock would work fine from what is described.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles