Overland Journal Project Land Rover Discovery 4 (LR4)

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Haha they look good, just the protection they offer is questionable. If a branch swung horizontally there's not much protecting the lens.

Scott Brady

Founder
Another shot of some early suspension testing on the rocks near our office. I am very curious of how well this truck will perform on serious terrain - we are going to find out soon.

178279_10151480722978275_709243082_o.jpg

no-pistons

Adventurer
How are those boxes attached to the roof rack? I don't see any straps holding them, but I see something underneath?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
First, great photo, that is awesome. Second, I am super jealous you have such a nice area to offroad near where you are. In VT it's just mud.

Scott Brady

Founder
How are those boxes attached to the roof rack? I don't see any straps holding them, but I see something underneath?

It is the new (EO)2 mounting system. Locks in place and removes in about 5 seconds. We have only just installed them, but have not completed a proper test. They look pretty strong, but we need to evaluate for a period of time to determine if it rattles, etc.
http://eo2.us/

Scott Brady

Founder
I thought the Kaymar had those standard, or at least an option. All the ones I've seen did anyway.

Correct. The Kaymar can have a single or dual swing out and has a provision for a hitch. It can also be configured to carry fuel or water on one side and a light, along with a hilift. We are only going to use the single swingout.

draaronr

Adventurer
Correct. The Kaymar can have a single or dual swing out and has a provision for a hitch. It can also be configured to carry fuel or water on one side and a light, along with a hilift. We are only going to use the single swingout.

Do you have pics? Id want single swing away. Hitch and hilift mount.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have always wondered why companies put the swing out on the right (passenger side). Part of the brilliance in the LR3 design is the swoop of the lower right corner in the rear window. Awesome for backing up and looking over your shoulder, and fantastic for reaching deeper into the cargo area, or ducking out of the rain while tailgating. Putting the tire carrier on that side blocks your view, and when parked along a curb, hinders loading and unloading the vehicle. It just seems so much more logical to put the swing out on the left (driver) side where it blocks nothing but the license plate, which can be easily relocated. Why is it that no one does this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles