Rivals nose to nose

Dumpolina

Adventurer
Thought you guys would like this- two rigs I saw in a parking lot while on vacation last year. The Toy tooks smallish, but I'd take it any day over the other...but I'm biased :)

A few more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/14655404@N03/2186266701
AfricaDGM041.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
If given the chance, I would be oh, so happy with either one :)

That has got to be the two greatest expedition platforms ever made right there. Just my opinion of course, but I am a major sap for green/tan canvas, Defenders and 70 Series Land Cruisers.

Spikepretorius

Explorer
Shame you guys are deprived :sombrero: Every man and his dog drive those things around here.

(That looks like Cape Point parking lot)

Scott Brady

Founder
Grass is always greener... huh Spike :)

A well used (but not molested) 1993 NAS Defender 110 sells for $60-70,000 in the US.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
That's pretty much a portrait of the two best safari-rigs ever... Nice shot and
I'm jealous of both those owners...

metalonmetal

two very clean vehicles. the toyota does look a little smallish. it's all the parts underneath the body that count

:Mechanic:

i've never driven a land rover before, would love to experience what it's like behind that one though.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
pskhaat said:
Oh why can't we have these wheels avail here? They'd look purdy on the Hundy.

Scott- those are the "widow maker-decapitators" split rims...no one wants to work on those anymore- used to in the past with special cages-not fun!
but they look cool on those trucks!

overlander

Expedition Leader
Dumpolina said:
The Toy tooks smallish, but I'd take it any day over the other...but I'm biased :)

That hurts...

I'm thinking about that comparative article abou the new 4 door jeep comparison to the 110, stating the jeep had more room..hmmm, still not buying it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles