Isuzu Trooper Expedition Vehicle

Scott Brady

Founder
From 1999 until 2004, my trusty 1998 Isuzu Trooper was my expedition and exploration vehicle. This vehicle has proven to be completely reliable, requiring no repairs and minimal service. I still drive to unit, though more as a support vehicle now. Even with over 90k miles it is solid and rattle free (with the exception of the rear ambulance doors). One interesting durability note, is that I have never changed the brakes :eek: . They still have sufficient pad life left for another 10k miles... amazing.

The vehicle is also very capable off-highway with the long travel rear suspension and tight G80 limited slip.

I would go so far as to say the 1998-2002 Trooper is the best expedition vehicles platform value in the US. Low resale values make them a steal.

Picture2_jpg.jpg

jackerwho?

new to the site & 1 question

G'day mate,

Im from Australia and just joined the forum, hope to chat to all of you soon. I have a holden jackeroo (isuzu trooper). I am hoping to do some more mods to it too. I already put a lift kit on it and would like to do more. I want to fit 33" tyres on it now but I dont know if I can put 10.5 wide or 12.5 wide tyres on it any advice for me ??

Hope to share photos with all of you and chat, thanks

jl8088

Adventurer
true that. After reading thru your website (expeditionswest) i went on the lookout for a trooper suitable for my needs.

I found a 1999 Trooper with 86K miles for $4200

Then, for a little under $2000 i got it lifted (OME shocks/springs) on all terrain rubber (265/75) and went on my way.

Incusus

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
...and now I have a project this fall that will require her service one last time...

sounds like the lead-in to a movie sequel!

"There I was, there I was... In the Congo..."

CornDog

Observer
Don't know if this would be a good spot to post or not, but as the topic is troopers...

I've got a '91 trooper, and it's been a regular mountain goat for me. Only problem is that the transmission's finally given out (over 200,000 miles). It won't stay in fifth, and fourth is whinning pretty bad. I'm trying to find a rebuilt, but things are looking kind of scarce.

Any leads on (older) trooper parts? Thanks for any help.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Have you posted this up on Planetisuzoo? I know there is a place on the east coast that has a load of stuff for gen one Troopers, but I can't think of the name or the link at the moment. They should be able to help you out on the Planet though.

CornDog

Observer
datrupr said:
Have you posted this up on Planetisuzoo? I know there is a place on the east coast that has a load of stuff for gen one Troopers, but I can't think of the name or the link at the moment. They should be able to help you out on the Planet though.

http://planetisuzoo.com/

Will do, Thanks for the lead

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I too love my 99 trooper!!! I've had to replace my brake pads once. Other than that, as long as I put in a quart of oil every now and then, she runs strong!! Here's a few pictures of my baby.

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
...going to look at a 1992 Trooper tomorrow....maybe join the club for this winter....

-H- :)

ZooJunkie

Explorer
CornDog said:
Don't know if this would be a good spot to post or not, but as the topic is troopers...

I've got a '91 trooper, and it's been a regular mountain goat for me. Only problem is that the transmission's finally given out (over 200,000 miles). It won't stay in fifth, and fourth is whinning pretty bad. I'm trying to find a rebuilt, but things are looking kind of scarce.

Any leads on (older) trooper parts? Thanks for any help.
You should call these guys. Beware, prices for Isuzu parts are pricey.
http://allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste