Sierra Madre Expedition

Scott Brady

Founder
Here is the report on my Sierra Madre expedition from last fall. We crossed several of the canyons, including Barranca Del Cobre (Copper Canyon).

Trip Report

urique_2.jpg

The last installment will be featured in Toyota Trails later this year.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Hey Scott,

Did this publish yet? I've been checking your site every so often, part III sounds really cool and I've been looking forward to it. :wavey:

Scott Brady

Founder
Errrrr. No. And not the fault of Toyota Trails. I just got bombarded with finishing the truck and the new writing gigs. It is on my task list if that helps any.

And you are right, that last leg was the most beautiful, remote and impressive of the trip. I actually held back tears a little at one point.

Ok, so here is the scenario:

We had driven from Cerocahui west through Mesa de Arturo and into the western watershed of canyons. At about 40 miles remote we rounded a bend to see two small cabins tucked against the trees. In front of the cabins was a 30-40 acre meadow with a small stream running through it. While staring in awe of the beautiful view, three small Tarahumaran children started running through the mix of sunflower and corn, laughing and playing along the stream. If I had been on a horse, three hundred years prior, it would have looked no different.

one of the most spectacular scenes in my life...

And since I have been so tardy in my updates, here are a few images of that very place...

DSCF4030.JPG

DSCF4041.JPG

DSCF4054.JPG

DSCF4061.JPG

DSCF4062.JPG

DSCF4076.JPG

I know, I know... But it was real, I promise.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Wow! Now THAT would be a great expedition someday...
Let me know if you plan another one!
:)
Ed

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Wow....:clapsmile

Thanks for the teaser pics, I'm looking forward to part III and I hope to go there myself someday. :ylsmoke:

blupaddler

Conspirator
:iagree:

I want to chat with you more about Copper Canyon when things slow down. (if that is possible)

I anxiously await the Mag. If I somehow missed it, someone let me know.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
blupaddler said:
:iagree:

I want to chat with you more about Copper Canyon when things slow down. (if that is possible)

I anxiously await the Mag. If I somehow missed it, someone let me know.

Are you planning a trip thru the area? If so when?:088:

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
blupaddler said:
I'm just...uuuhhhhhh...REALLY curious.:peepwall:

Congratulations!

I notice you are staring to venture out more in Mexico, if you go to Copper Canyon you will love the Sierra Madre and will have a great time!:sombrero: :safari-rig: :safari-rig: :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste