smbphoto's Taco

Scott Brady

Founder
Sammy,

I really like the flash website. that is a nice photo tool.

Your Tacoma is also very nicely prepared for remote travel. It reminds me of Bajataco's machine a little. I will be in Prescott, AZ this weekend shooting Chris' truck for an upcoming article. His truck is really looking awesome.

After I take pictures of it all dolled up, than we are going to drive his truck and mine to northern Nevada and beat the crap out of them at the NTVR ralley race :eek:

What have you done for a sleeping configuration? What are your next modifications?

smbphoto

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your comments. Still have some work to do on my site, flash is new to me.

Yeah, Bajataco's rig was kind of my guiding light for me, after many hours of research, he had the best proven real world tested set-up and the best taco website.

What's next? Well, a front bumper for sure and some sliders, winch and dual batteries. It did really good at hollister. I'm used to my CJ-5, so have to get used to the long wheelbase. I need some sway bar disconnects for sure, as you can see from that one pic of 3-wheel motion at that little rock pit course, the front end isn't articulating any. Got to clean-up some of the wiring, trim rear wheel well (tire rubs when tucked in) and cut off the ends of the new u-bolts and finalize a few things.

Regarding the sleeping arrangement... I took it out to Hollister in Nor-Cal and slept back there. Had to take everything out, which sux, but I think I am going to build some small side boxes to throw gear in and then utilize my aluminum sand ladders as the planks of the bed somehow... beats setting up a tent. Will help in my landscape photography in the Sierra's because I wake up before sunrise to capture the best light, that way I don't have a tent to worry about.

Good luck you two at the event. It sounds like fun.

Scott Brady

Founder
Yes, Bajataco's machine is very sweet! Wait until you see the latest modifications. I just did a photo shoot of his truck for an upcoming feature in 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine, and it is looking awesome.

I had to get used to the long wheelbase too, having owned SWB Jeep for 15 years. But at speed, I really love the Tacoma, most noticeably with the Donahoe's and Deaver springs.

I really like your modification plans. They will make for excellent changes in support of remote travel.

Now that I have done extended expeditions my preference for modifications has changed some, with emphasis on passenger comfort, organization and sleeping comfort being the new priorities. ;)

What bumper and winch are you leaning towards?

Attachments

• isuzu2.JPG
    isuzu2.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 0
  • isuzu.JPG
    isuzu.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    478.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Bruce JK in Lockhart Canyon.jpg
    Bruce JK in Lockhart Canyon.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1990714009.jpg
    1990714009.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 0

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Nice truck!! :cool:

I'm really curious to know how you like the alum. camper over the course of the upcoming years and lots of trips. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the truck ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles