4 Peaks Run

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
At the end of September I did a 4 Peaks Trail off of the Bee Line, with some members of AZ TTORA. It was a Quick 1/2 day run and great for testing new mod's, and was to be a prerunner run. The road is primarly loose dirt and a few rock garden spots required 4 wheel drive. We started on NF-143 and worked our way to El Oso Rd. (we took some other road ____ Mine Road too, but I lost the GPS info) on down to 188 and back via 88 (with a stop in Torrilla Flat). I would recomend this loop if any one in the area is testing out some mods as for the most part the trail is wide if you need to make a repair. You also can test at Roll OHV area along the way too.

There are some great senic views of the lakes, and some great camping spots along the way. You will want to check with the forest service on camping, and in the winter months this run will have snow. This area was impacted by the fires this summer and you can see the areas where it has been burnt. There are also numberous hiking trail along the route, and this would be a great week-end adventure for those with families in the Phoenix valley areas.

I would also recomend if traveling in a group that you have some sort of radio communication to warn of on coming vehicles. When I went there was more than normal traffic in the area. The leader can warn the others of oncoming traffic. If going alone, remember to keep it slow in the norrower parts of the trails.

Here are some pictures:
IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

9-24-2005-Four_Peaks%20016.jpg

Let me know if you need any info on the routings.

I know this is not really an expedition, nor a completed expedition, but it can easily turn into a week-end camping trip to start weaning your famly on to a real expedition. I need to do this to my wife! I would like to be able to drag her out and get her more in tune with it and one day complete a real expedition down the road, when my truck and I am ready for it. For now it is as close as I can come.

I thought it would good to share, and I appologize if it bothers you. I like a few others here, are new to this and we all need to begin our transition some how.

Happy Trails,
Wil

Last edited:

erin

Explorer
Good post FW, great pics

Sad to see more burnt desert up north, but I suppose it will all turn around. Mt Lemmon in Tucson is finally growing back nicely.

I to feel your pain with the wife situation, as mine needs to be slowly introduced so that she will look forward to it rather than think of it as something only I do. :clapsmile

Scott Brady

Founder
flyingwil said:
Let me know if you need any info on the routings.

I know this is not really an expedition, nor a completed expedition, but it can easily turn into a week-end camping trip to start weaning your famly on to a real expedition. I need to do this to my wife! I would like to be able to drag her out and get her more in tune with it and one day complete a real expedition down the road, when my truck and I am ready for it. For now it is as close as I can come.

I thought it would good to share, and I appologize if it bothers you. I like a few others here, are new to this and we all need to begin our transition some how.

Happy Trails,
Wil

No worries Wil. We love checking out adventures of any type or distance. Thanks so much for sharing!

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
El Oso mine is a great trail. Stephanie and I did it solo once in the Trooper. That was exciting...

3014_0281119293.jpg

and I also ran it again last year with a group

I think that is the first time I have ever seen a Vehicross off the paved road! Props to Shan for that one! I always thought they were neat vehicles because they look like they just landed back from the moon. I used to want one with the mirrors on the front fenders (the non USA look!) and the best part was most of them had little or no chrome!

Wil

datrupr

Expedition Leader
It makes me laugh, people never give the Isuzu 4WD the capability credit they are due. There is actually a forum for the VehiCross, and there are some nice trail ready rigs on there.

Scott, love the articulation shot there. Gotta love the Troopers!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Also, Wil, thanks for posting up, and very nice pics. I'll do this run with you again if you want. Just let me know.

flyingwil

datrupr said:
Also, Wil, thanks for posting up, and very nice pics. I'll do this run with you again if you want. Just let me know.

I would like to do it again and drag the wife out with me. Maybe we could make it a joint drag the wife out weekend! I am not sure as to when, so this will down the road a bit. Maybe Dec? Or JAN or FEB and make it a snow run! Just make sure your wife has her tire covers on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles