Nevada Trophy Adventure Race

Scott Brady

Founder
This is a quick dispatch from Carson City Nevada.

Team Baja is getting ready for our 8:00 am start at the 2005 Nevada Trophy Ralley Race. I will post updates as they come in.

We camped last night at the Laurel Lakes in CA, which is one of my favorite camping spots.

Scott Brady

Founder
Just a quick note:

I am back and alive, but the truck is a little worse for wear. No damage, but a real pounding. The results are not official yet, but it looks like I got 3rd in the ralley task and 4th or 5th overall. There was a scoring error that is keeping things in the air :confused:

I have some great video of the race I will share soon!

unsprung80

Any more info on NVTR-II in December? I looked on the ORE website and there wasn't much. Is this another trophy challenge or just a learning event.
Oh yeah and I would like to hear more about NVTR 2005.

Thanks

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
unsprung80 said:
Any more info on NVTR-II in December? I looked on the ORE website and there wasn't much. Is this another trophy challenge or just a learning event.
Oh yeah and I would like to hear more about NVTR 2005.

Thanks

Hi Unsprung

I just received word from ORE that there will be no NVTR II for 2005 or 2006. As to whether it is a Trophy challenge, I believe it was just a shorter version (12 hrs I think) of the NVTR.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
We need some appropriate smileys here!! LOL!

Oh man, that was great!!! That motor sounds badazz! :D

Looks like I'm not the only one who lost a little time with a wrong turn of the wheel :p ... now I don't feel so bad ;) The sound effects across the finish are great! I wish I could see video of when I hit the bottom of that gully where Greg told you "SLOW!" ... hahaha I didn't do it very slow... :eek:

Scott, you did GREAT!

Scott Brady

Founder
Now that I have seen the video, I know where I lost time. The 3 point turn and the long stretch on the way back (less HP). Everything else was about as fast as I could go...

I really like the motor sound too :cool:

Baja, I will post yours soon, but it needs some editing because of the camera man..

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
No kidding :) I am sure I lost a few seconds there, and could have used more HP on the last straight... Otherwise, I am just glad the truck is still in one piece. I tend to drive a little aggressively ;)

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The truck being in one piece is always a good thing! Kinda hard to finish the race while picking up parts off the desert floor.

Sounds like you guys had a good time (which is the point anyway, right?)

whitethaiger

Adventurer
Yes, not all trucks got to the finish intact. The Defender 110, who really wanted to beat Scotts time, did so for a price: he busted a motor mount and bend some steering rod. He also mentioned that he pretty much goes through one set of shocks per race.

Great movies. Great adventure.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Cool - thanks for posting the vid Scott, that was fun! ;)

I really wish I could have been there to watch the Defender 110 do the course, but I was already blasting down the road with Team Baja on the way to the lake bed. I bet that was a blast to watch! That guy told me he was either WOT or on the brakes. How many HP did he have in there? 400? Must have been a great show :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles