Wild Thing~ Road/Trail blockage.....lets see what wild thing has blocked your path!

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

OK....

How about we share what "Wild Thing" has blocked our forward progress!

I did this at another board.....and guys had a lot of fun with it......but now it might get REAL interesting with Africa!

Here is a shot of 100's or 1,000's...(lost count)....of sheep :chowtime: (with real live Basque sheep hearders) crossing the hwy. in McCall, Idaho summer 2004.

Of course.....then I couldn't resist sneaking one back to camp for dinner!......(second pic) not!.......hehe

File0026.jpg

Attachments

• File0026.jpg
    File0026.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 180
  • DinnerDirtBikingBringn'ithome.jpg
    DinnerDirtBikingBringn'ithome.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:

pangaea

Adventurer
From a couple of years ago in Chobe National Park, Botswana. This big bull brought our convoy to a stand still. Trust me, this picture doesn't do him justice, he was HUGE.

096elephantxing.jpg

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
This little guy was cruising along in front of the Cruiser for a while, giving us plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sight of a great desert denizen! (That's Scott getting some great photos; location, just south of our own desert dwelling, between the Sierrita Mountains and the Cerro Colorados.)

guide.jpg

tortoise-scott.jpg

gjackson

FRGS
Okay, I have a lot to contribute to this thread!! :cool: So I'll be nice and break it up!

First road block by war damage in Angola:
RoadBlock4.jpg

Then, I know Nathan already did it, but here again are those pesky road blocking nellepantalones. This time in Moremi game reserve in the Okavango in Botswana:
RoadBlock3.jpg

And then, also in Moremi in Botswana, a quite pregnant girl with a belly full of letchwe:
RoadBlock2.jpg

And I'll be back for another round soon! ;)

cheers

gjackson

FRGS
Wow, I could post on this thread all day!

First task is to spot the road block. And don't cheat and look at the second pic!!
SpotTheRoadBlock.jpg

If you didn't see him look carefully down the track to the left. King 'o Beasts in Moremi:
RoadBlock1.jpg

Now what could be the road block here? Hmmmmmmmm. . .
RoadBlockedBy.jpg

Of course!! Leopard spoor!!!
LeopardSpoor.jpg

:rolleyes: Thanks for your patience!! :rolleyes:

cheers :D

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
gjackson said:
Thanks. I've got over 6000 pics from the 9-month trip, so I have a lot of ammo! :ar15:

cheers

Sounds like good material for a book! A BIG coffee table book!

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
One more elephant shot! They are, after all, pretty much the ultimate living road blocks. At this point the passengers in the vehicle were starting to go, "Uh, Jonathan? Should we, like, move or something?"

elephantface.jpg

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
ScenicWonderRunner, I love the shot of the sheep. It's wonderful to know there are still genuine Basque sheepherders around! I've always wanted one of those self-contained wagons they used.

gjackson

FRGS
One more elephant shot! They are, after all, pretty much the ultimate living road blocks. At this point the passengers in the vehicle were starting to go, "Uh, Jonathan? Should we, like, move or something?"

Jonathan, nice shot! Where was that shot taken? And how long was your lens?

cheers

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Graham, that shot was taken by our friend Diane. Don't know what lens she was using, but the elephant, a female, was only about 15 feet from the truck.

And that is one magnificent lion!

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Jonathan Hanson said:
Graham, that shot was taken by our friend Diane. Don't know what lens she was using!

Diane used a Canon EOS Digital Rebel with an f/5.6 zoom, set to 240 mm, fired at 1/100th second at f/16.

Ask the right person and you shall receive ;) .

(Photoshop Metatags - don't leave home without them.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior