Got Snow?

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

With Winter quickly approaching......

How about a place to share our fun snow trips pics!

Here is SWR somewhere near Duck Creek Village Utah.... Feb. 2005

Attachments

• File0046.jpg
    File0046.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 126
  • File0045.jpg
    File0045.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 98

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
More snow up higher in the hills... But all I got for now. From yesterday at the property in Evergreen. Looked like they were going to get some snow when I left.. Sounds like there is a storm on the way. From a short hike near the enterance of the property overlooking Mt.Evans. Evans ranch would be to the right of us. Course my main reason for going was to catch the sunset, but it was to cloudy. And we had a better one today. Oh well.

Attachments

• Mt evans.jpg
    Mt evans.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 111
  • truck evans.jpg
    truck evans.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 93
  • evans.jpg
    evans.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 82

60seriesguy

Adventurer
I've never lived long in places that get a lot of snow, but I do have a couple of cool pics, one of the Cruiser in a trip to Dolly Sods in W Va., the other one of my roof rack covered in ice from an ice storm.

Attachments

• snowyPR4.jpg
    snowyPR4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Icy Princess3.jpg
    Icy Princess3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 97

Justin

Observer
On the way home from Mammoth last February, and up in Idyllwild in November. Not much snow in Idyllwild, but it still added a some color.

ViewPoint.jpg

Idyllwild.jpg

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Park City, UT in Dec.

My daughters first snow. Sorry, no truck content:eek:

Attachments

• snow02.jpg
    snow02.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 70
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Very cute pic Bryan!......How fun for her!

Now........how can it be that there is NO SNOW on the San Francisco Peaks in early Jan>?!!

Live pic Jan. 05 2005

peaks.jpg

Hey!......This is Kewl!

I just realized that this pic keeps updating every minute!
So after today.....just disregard my date of pic posted above.....and check back for future San Francisco Peaks Pic Updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mark, it is a bit odd for us not to have snow up north in Jan. We have had so far the driest winter on record to the best of my knowledge. I hope we get some storms soon, we really need the moisture, or we are going to have a very boring summer in terms of campping/exploring as they will close a lot of the public lands due to fire hazards:(

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
datrupr said:
Mark, it is a bit odd for us not to have snow up north in Jan. We have had so far the driest winter on record to the best of my knowledge. I hope we get some storms soon, we really need the moisture, or we are going to have a very boring summer in terms of campping/exploring as they will close a lot of the public lands due to fire hazards:(

That is so true... is seems like the ExPo was the last day I can remember rain that you could actually measure.

rain_white.gif

Sorry to hijack this thread!

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

No Problem Wil......

That's not a highjack!

I'll let you know when it's a HighJack!.......hehe

Looking at the San Francisco Peaks at about 3PM your time......sure looks like a beautiful day up there!

Really too bad no snow though!

Now we just need to figure out how to get a Moab and Baja webcam going!:ylsmoke:

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Well, so far the snow has been good in the mountains. December/Jan seem to be the fry months here. With that, Treeroot did manage to fins some drifts to play in on New Years Day up Yankee Hill(we didn't make it to the top). Those are 37's chained on all fours. Looking forward to this weekends snow/pizza run at the same place:jumping:

Attachments

• Treeroot in drift.jpg
    Treeroot in drift.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 80
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Very Kewl "bh" ......

I would have a blast EATING PIZZA!:chowtime: .....and Watching you do that!

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Very Kewl "bh" ......

I would have a blast EATING PIZZA!:chowtime: .....and Watching you do that!

It's a lot of fun up there on Yankee Hill. The Snow/Pizza run was a blast. a couple inches of fresh powder made the day, plus it was snowing:D . I rode along and took pics all day(look for a atrical in Toyota Trails). I took Treeroots 40 and tried to hide it. Did manage to get it stuck in a drift:D . A fun day indeed.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Scenic WonderRunner said:
Very cute pic Bryan!......How fun for her!

Now........how can it be that there is NO SNOW on the San Francisco Peaks in early Jan>?!!

Live pic Jan. 05 2005

peaks.jpg

Hey!......This is Kewl!

I just realized that this pic keeps updating every minute!
So after today.....just disregard my date of pic posted above.....and check back for future San Francisco Peaks Pic Updates!

Nice sunrise over the San Francisco Peaks this morning!

I'm seeing some wispy clouds moving in! .....I hope she gets some snow this weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles