New ARB Rear Bumper

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Off Of an austrailian forum:

National 4wd show all day yesterday and spied this new prototype rear ARB bumper with twin swing-a-ways. They are going to produce them only for 80 and 100 series Land Cruisers and GQ and GU Nissan Patrols I'm afraid. Thought I would shoot off some pictures anyway as there are some good design ideas there and might be of some use to those thinking of new designs for the less popular ( read less profitable) models.

Rarb%20001.jpg

Rarb%20002.jpg

Rarb%20003.jpg

Rarb%20004.jpg

Rarb%20005.jpg

Rarb%20006.jpg

Rarb%20007.jpg

Rarb%20008.jpg

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Those are not prototype. They are already on a container somewhere in the ocean, on their way to the ARB USA facility. At least, the 100 series ones are...

The system is modular and some accessories can be added and taken away.

Slee will have some soon and promises tons of pics :eatchicke

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Wonder how the price will compete w/ Slee's rear bumper which I really love but can't afford to spend a mortgage payment on.

brittan

Adventurer
calamaridog said:
Those are not prototype. They are already on a container somewhere in the ocean, on their way to the ARB USA facility. At least, the 100 series ones are...

The system is modular and some accessories can be added and taken away.

Slee will have some soon and promises tons of pics :eatchicke

Any idea on what one will run($$$)? If I have to ask...its too much...
I like the front...better than their old design.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I believe they will range from around $1000-2000 depending on options.

The Slee bumper is VERY nice. Here is a picture of the Slee bumper on John's sweet LC.

Attachments

• sleerear1.JPG
    sleerear1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 127

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Well...not a fan. I don't like the look of their front bumpers either. I think they are too common and "inside the box". Except for the Slee sliders I just ordered, my thinking is "built not bought".
I'm having trouble uploading a pic this morning, server must not be awake yet.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I really like the look of the ARB bumper, but I'm not sure how good it would be in a northern climate. The design just invites snow and ice to pack around the lights and inside the bumper. I could see it freezing shut very quickly.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
For my part, I'm not a fan of this ARB rear bumper system either. I'm sure it will be useful to some however.

But I wanted to be helpful for someone who may be interested so I posted a link to prices.

Regarding the front I ARB and TJM bumpers are much more practical for daily drivers than the homemade stuff. The bumpers or similar designs have been crash tested and should perform better than a stock bumper in an auto accident.

For a rock crawler or desert racer I can see the need for a custom built set-up, especially if the truck doesn't see much or any pavement.

dejablu311

Observer
I love the bumper. I talked to one of the ARB reps at SEMA about the bumpers and she told me that the 100 series bumper would be in the states soon. The 80 series bumper would be at least 4 months away. Based on that i would say we have at least 8 months to wait for that one. The price is high, but considering i want to carry two spares it is the best option. 4x4 labs is the only other company i know of that sells modular tire carriers that can hold two spares. The price is similar and i am not even sure if they ship. They would pretty much have to because i think they are located on the other side of the country from me. Also, The arb has the built in lights which is a must if you are carrying two spares. The tires block the stock tail lights.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
dejablu311 said:
4x4 labs is the only other company i know of that sells modular tire carriers that can hold two spares.

Rear bumper is one of my next mods! I am eagerly awaiting pics and info on their 80 unit!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
calamaridog said:
No Stout-Stuff bumper in the future for the 80 series?

Yes, that is most likely what i will end up doing! Now that my garage is ALMOST setup with 220V and my real job is slowing down a bit.

Curious, How did you come across that site? I havent really advertised it yet, because a lot more finishing touches need to be done to the site and some details needs to be finalised. :D

Reason it really hasnt got off of the ground yet, is because work has been so damn busy, i havent had time to build anything. Now that work is slowing time, the metal sparks will be a flying soon! :D

First 2 projects/products will be a rear bumper and a custom roof rack!

Well, since you brought it up, check out: www.stout-stuff.com for custom stuff in so cal!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior