UZJ100 Expedition Vehicle

Scott Brady

Founder
Many of you have seen Doron's excellent UZJ100, which he uses for extended expedition travel in Mexico and the Southwest. Doron and I have travelled thousands of miles together south of the border.

Here are the specs. on his truck

el_golfo_outback.jpg

Attachments

• 366.gif
    366.gif
    95.7 KB · Views: 3

blupaddler

Conspirator
Scott...you might know...or Doron...

Has Doron re-geared using the 315's. How does he like that size tire? Also what type of aux. fuel tank does he have? Did he install it himself? How does he like it? How about carrying that much extra weight when full? Does he notice any difference, performance or weight wise, when the tank starts to empty? I might be contacting him when I go to try mine.

I still haven't installed mine. That, and I am starting to have second thoughts about that big of a tank, and that much weight - when full.
44 gallons isn't small!

:wavey:

Btw...nice smilies

Scott Brady

Founder
Doron has not regeared, and is still suffering from the weight and tire size. Fortunately the V8 has good power, and is a little more tolerant than my Tacoma. He has considered dropping a size for his next tire set.

He has the longranger aux. fuel tank, and he installed it himself. It does add a lot of weight (about 300 lbs) when full. But, the benefit of the large tank is that the weight is not fixed. You can vary the amount carried depending on your needs. For example, I only keep 5 gallons in my tank at any one time, unless I am doing a long trip. Then I still only fill it all the way if I need to, as most of the others I travel with have a much shorter range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles