Cheap Fridge/Freezer On Ebay! (Norcold MRFT40)

+ d

Adventurer
hmmm only an hour and a half away...

(no, keep focus, you've got other mods higher up on the list.)

if someone is going to bid on it let the rest of us know so we aren't driving the price up on each other!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
+ d said:
hmmm only an hour and a half away...

(no, keep focus, you've got other mods higher up on the list.)

if someone is going to bid on it let the rest of us know so we aren't driving the price up on each other!

Funny how things work. I just ordered a Norcold yesterday AM and then i came home to find this! By all means, bid away! The power cords are a dime a dozen (uses the same as a PC) but i am not sure on the lids.

Cords here: http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/acc_ARBfreezer.html

Will probably be a good deal for someone. Looks like it is very "Used"

blupaddler

Conspirator
Another minor flaw...It doesn't have the lid. The lid in the picture is just a piece of wood laminate. Now if those are a dime a dozen too. Hmmmm

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
blupaddler said:
Another minor flaw...It doesn't have the lid. The lid in the picture is just a piece of wood laminate. Now if those are a dime a dozen too. Hmmmm

Yeah, i saw that, but how much can a lid cost? Actually, probably more then the fridge! :D Might be worth looking into, maybe not

Suty

Adventurer
I am going to watch it , I am also going to call Norcold about a lid and find out the costs. I'll let everyone know what I find out. Tu Compa, Suty

Suty

Adventurer
Alright Guys, Spoke to Norcold Distributor, Found out that a New Lid (Door) will cost 159.05 plus the cost of a hinge kit ( If Necessary) . Bid is up to 103 right now, plus 55 for shipping. I will watch it, do ya think this will be worth it? I must wonder if the Lid is gone how USED is it ???? Tu Compa, Suty

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
$160.00 for a lid! :eek:

If it were me I think I would get some very dense closed cell foam, you could probably get a scrap piece just the right size at a refrigeration shop, maybe some door skin to sandwich the foam and give strength, some fiberglass mat and some two part epoxy.

You could build your own lid for the thing for pennies compared to $160!
The insulation qualities should be very similar if you makeit fit properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke