New sliders!

erin

Explorer
I finally got a couple of pics of the new sliders.
They are 2x6x3/16" steel with a rhino like coating, heavy on top, thin on the bottom.

Haven't got to play with them yet, but I am sure they will hold up well.

Attachments

• trucksliders2.JPG
    trucksliders2.JPG
    443.7 KB · Views: 157
  • trucksliders3.JPG
    trucksliders3.JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 137
  • trucksliders4.JPG
    trucksliders4.JPG
    460.5 KB · Views: 109
  • trucksliders.jpg
    trucksliders.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 123

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Holy cow 2x6 :smileeek: Man that is huge. Looks good though. :clapsmile How are they attached and how much do they wiegh? Did you fab them yourself or did someone doit for you?

erin

Explorer
I did not weigh them but I would say they are around 55-60lbs each. A little heavy I know, but they should last through everything the truck is cabable of. I also wanted to add a little weight down low to help counter act the rack that is going above the bed.

I did not fab them myself because I do not have access to a heavy welder, just a small wire feed so I had a mechanic in Tucson that I know make them.

I was originally going to go with tube but he talked me out if them after seeing his on a jeep he uses for rock crawling. Needless to say he is not gentle to his vehicles and his showed no damage at all.

I also like that they make a good step to.

+ d

Adventurer
i went a little wide on mine too.
i wanted the added lateral protection for the body not to mention the handy step

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Very nice erin. I am looking for multi functional sliders as well. But they have to be bolt on.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
:victory: Looks good, and not the typical look and sytle! Nice job! I'll be interested to see how the Rhino Linning holds up to rocks and that sort, especially the AZ rocks.

Wil

erin

Explorer
Yeah, Wil, I don't expect the lining to hold up any better then anything else when it comes to rocks, but I wanted it mostly for the nonskid surface on the top tread. I had them sprayed thin on the bottom so I can just touch up with rattle can to fight back any rust.

Who knows, maybe it will hold up better than expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles