Need help from GEN3 Owners!!!

ahmetclayton

I'm going to be putting new tires on the Monty as soon as I get the lift done next week. So today I pulled the spare tire cover off so I can remove all the plastic crap so the larger tire can fit. And to my surprise the Spare Tire has a wheel lock on it. I did not receive the code lug when I purchased the vehicle so what do you all advise me to do? Would Discount Tire be able to find the right lug code to pull it off or will I have to make another trip to the Dealer?

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Guys at tire shops know exactly how to get those off. It usually involves knocking a socket on there tight and an impact wrench, but it can be done. Although, the dealer you purchased it from should work with you to solve it too.

biff

Observer
yup, I had the same problem on my 99 about a week ago.
The tire shop helped me get it off without problem.

Glad I didn't need the spare driving down the higway, as I would have been ******** OUT OF LUCK.

ahmetclayton

Thank you All for your advice. They were able to take it out in less then 5 minutes at my local Discount Tire. I didn't want to miss the $60 mail in rebate which ends next Tuesday so I ordered 5 new 265/75/R16 BfGoodrich All-Terrains and hopefully they will be installed tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles