NYC with the wife and family

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well We went to NYC to celebrate my wifes father's 60th Bday this week end. We got there friday morning and I was excited since it was my first trip to the city. I have driven to the Adirondacks several times but never went to the city. Anyway Here's what we did

Brooklyn Bridge
Statue of liberty
Empire state building
Times Square
Union Station
Broadway
Park Ave
Central Park
Cite Cafe ( one of the oldest restaraunts in NYC)
A top French Restaraunt (Forgot Name but I'll remember when I get the CC bill LOL!)
Tavern on the Green (restaraunt)
Wicked (new Broadway play was totaly awesome)
Carolines comedy club saw Kevin Pollack
Took the Wrond train to Harlem at night LOL!
Gugenheim Museum (Russian art back to the 13th century!, Plus many other world famous artists Picaso ETC. One was estimated about 90 million !!!)
Museum of Modern Art
Shopping at Macy's, Sax, FAO Swartz, and many others.
I'm sure I have left out a few things I'll think of later it is still a blur LOL!

All in all an awesome 3 days in the city. We just got home about an hour ago so I am whipped. Unfortunately we are Having a problem with the memory card from our camera so I will have to wait till I get some pics emailed to me from the Fam so I can post them.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Holy cow, how did you have time for the actual birthday celebration?? :xxrotflma

Benn to NYV once as a teenager, didn't see anything, I'd love to see it someday. The Gugenheim Museum sounds really interesting! Looking forward to the pictures.

VikingVince

Explorer
Congrats on such a largebite of The Big Apple...i lived in manhattan for 12 years...you did a helluva lot in 3 days!!...there really is no city like it in the USA...everyone should go there at least once:exclaim: glad you made it:exclaim: i'll look forward to your pics...they'll bring back memories

Scott Brady

Founder
I spent time in NYC last summer. I was expecting it to be a marginal experience, but I had a wonderful time. The people were great (very helpful), the food was out of this world, and the city itself was a grand adventure (we took the subway everywhere, and must have walked 10 miles).

That city is like no place else on earth!

Here are a few of my pictures:

DSCF8085_JPG.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Holy cow, how did you have time for the actual birthday celebration??

Ha I know right. We actually did squeeze in a birthday LOL! I will say this though my legs and feet are killing me after all that walking. After going on the wrong subway train and ending up in Harlem at night we didn't use the subway again. a little confusing for us newbs. They do have these guys that have bikes with a 2 seats in the back we used them a few times they are just as fast as the taxi. Plus it fun to watch those guys peddle there butts of with my fat #*@ in the back LOL!

We did get to see the world famous "naked cowboy" street performer He was standing out there in underwear and cowboy boots playing the guitar. I told every one that he was definetly stuffing a sock this time of year for sure LOL!:xxrotflma It is amazing how many street performers there are.

I think the most moving performer though, was when we were in the subway and there was a man an old asian fellow sitting there playing America The Beautiful. It was on a home made 2 stringed instument like violin but held vertical. You had to be there it was one of those perfect moments. Made everyone feel all how blessed we are to live in this country.

Oh yea almost forgot we did trump towers also.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier