new Dodge Power Wagon!

Scott Brady

Founder
I agree Kevin. I really like the platform. We can only hope that the success of these HD trail machines will start to push implementation at Toyota, etc.

In person, the Power Wagon is even more impressive. Really a sweet truck. :smilies27

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
kevin said:
This is about as good as it gets from the factory. too bad no diesel.

fourwheeler.com/roadtests/129_0410_powr/

putting a deisel in it would require a complete remake of the drivetrain and chassis. The current diesels weigh in around 7000 pounds....the transfer case is about all that the current power wagon has that is still useful at that weight. But it would be sweet to take the current deisel trucks, add the 4:1 t'case (they already run the NP-241, same as the power wagon and the Jeep rubicon, without the deep gears), and some air lockers. Of course, think about the warranty claims when someone who doesn't know how to drive locks up both ends and puts 350hp and 555 ft/lbs of torque through a 4:1 first gear, 4:1 transfer case, and 3.73:1 rear axle, in a 7000lb truck ......

for those who don't like math, that is 33,122.4 ft/lbs of torque :smileeek:

Attachments

• 1300.jpg
    1300.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Saw a show where they took box stock Power Wagons to Moab. I was very impressed with the flex they have when the electronically controlled sway bar is disconnected! Also showed up in 4WParts magazine too.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Yeah, those are MAJOR drool factor!

I however, have yet to see one in person. Even driving by the dealership, you don't see any. Oh well, probably better for the temptation factor.

Scott Brady

Founder
The best view I had of one was a test unit, up on a trailer. You could see the huge axles, full-length skidplates, etc. It had really been used :smilies27

Scott Brady

Founder
They are selling in the mid 30's and are available right now from Dodge...

Even if you dont like Dodge's everyone needs to be pulling for this truck to be successful. It will influence other brands (like Toyota), that OHV capability will sell vehicles.

Attachments

• 2022.jpg
    2022.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2023.jpg
    2023.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2024.jpg
    2024.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The power wagon will be sucessful. They are following the lead set by the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon...as we all know, those were so sucesseful that they had to double the planned production in the first year. I'd be willing to bet that we will be seeing the power wagons rolling off of dealer lots for a long time to come.

I think the "other guys" are behind the ball on this trend. The only thing that I can see that will hurt power wagon sales is the price of gas....it will eventually hurt full size truck sales across the board, with the possible exception of the diesels (gotta love 20mpg from a 7000 pound truck).

Now, if Toyota would pay attention and add a turbo diesel, dana 44's, air lockers, and a 4:1 transfer case to the tacoma.... :D

Hello eveyone,
I'm new here and just had to reply to this thread. I am the happy owner of a new Dodge Power Wagon. It trully is an incredible vehicle. I have owned alot of high dollar off road vehicles and this beats them all. Last week we went four wheeling in the Nevada Desert with a Hummer H1 and had to tow him out when he got stuck trying to follow me. Ive had the vehicle for about two months now and have suceeded to get it stuck once. Mud and deep ruts. It took me about 15 minutes to winch out and be back on the trail again. Is it unstopable NO but dam it sure can get you really back into someplace you probably shouldnt be. :D Anyway hello and I hope to meet some of you on the trails.

Attachments

• 2102.jpg
    2102.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 5,693
Last edited:

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Outback Expeditions said:
Hello eveyone,
I'm new here and just had to reply to this thread. I am the happy owner of a new Dodge Power Wagon. It trully is an incredible vehicle. I have owned alot of high dollar off road vehicles and this beats them all. Last week we went four wheeling in the Nevada Desert with a Hummer H1 and had to tow him out when he got stuck trying to follow me. Ive had the vehicle for about two months now and have suceeded to get it stuck once. Mud and deep ruts. It took me about 15 minutes to winch out and be back on the trail again. Is it unstopable NO but dam it sure can get you really back into someplace you probably shouldnt be. :D Anyway hello and I hope to meet some of you on the trails.

OE: Welcome. Have owned a 93-current Land Cruiser at all? Is your truck blue (did I see you run Crown King about 4 months ago here in AZ?)

Scott Brady

Founder
John,

How did the Power Wagon do? I watched a video a few months back of a stock unit at street air pressure complete hells gate in Moab :Wow1:

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
John,

How did the Power Wagon do? I watched a video a few months back of a stock unit at street air pressure complete hells gate in Moab :Wow1:

Hell's Gate in a STOCK vehicle? WOW! Nuff said. I seen that too and went :smileeek:

Crown King Trip? He did great, though in no way could he have taken the optional lines we did in our 80's and 100, and he didn't try. He'd a high-centered.
Overall though he had great clearance, little slippage, and overall an easy-moderate run. In my opinion, in STOCK form, he'd slightly out-wheel (on this trail):
UZJ100
FZJ80
LR3
RRover

In my opinion, in STOCK form, he'd go neck-and-neck with (on this trail):
2004 Tacoma TRD

I say on "THIS TRAIL" because the PWagon is huge (larger than my 100) and like my 100 will be at a disadvantage on many other trails.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Hey John,

Nice to see you on the forum...

For those who have not clicked on his links yet, John has one of the cleanest built UZJ100's in the country. He also happens to be a really nice guy too :D

Attachments

• 2935.jpg
    2935.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Hey John,

Nice to see you on the forum...

For those who have not clicked on his links yet, John has one of the cleanest built UZJ100's in the country. He also happens to be a really nice guy too :D

Thanks Scott. The 100's filthy right now. :victory:

And I could only hope to be as nice a guy as you are. Then, consider what awesome wives we have and.....wow, we have to get our acts together, don't we? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles