Tacoma seats....opinions?

Rexsname

Explorer
I have a 2001 Tacoma eXtra cab. The seats are six years old but feel like they are 10 years old. I know that one gets what one pays for. I have been considering the Mastercraft Baja RS recliners, but with seat heaters,lumbar support and mounting brackets it would be upwards of $800 each side. Anyone have any opinions/real world seat time in the $350-$500 range?

REX

robert

Expedition Leader
They were several people on TTORA that put Volvo seats in their Tacos. Heated, power leather seats! There were also a few who put Supra seats in theirs.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I have Procar seats, originally from Summit. I got them from a fella at work who bought them for his hot rod and they ended up not fitting with his roll cage. These are usually in the ~$600 range for a pair and to be honest if I didn't get a decent deal on them I would pass. You get what you pay for. Personally I wish for decent factory bucket seats... But the Volvo seats are very nice, just not a direct bolt-in. The fab is supposedly pretty minor, but I don't have a welder and so it's definitely not non-trivial for me. Other decent seats are the ones from some Hondas, supposed to pretty minor modification (like drilling a couple of holes). Supra or Celica seats would be nice, but I don't know that they are any less modification than say ones from an Volvo, Accord or Civic.

ssmathis

Observer
flyingwil said:
I am playing with the idea of adding in FJ seats, I just need to pull out the tape measure and figure out if they fit.QUOTE]

My wife has an FJ and I have a 2007 Taco and the seats in the Taco are much better than the ones in the FJ. I am of course comparing to my TRD seats in the Taco.

Scott

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I have beard suspension seat they are great. the only negative is the long wait it took like 7 months!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The off road racer type seats are great for long trips. They have an intentional suspension system built into them. Their biggest problem is the high side bolster makes getting in and out a PITA if you do it frequently. The bigger names in this type of seat offer a version with a lower to much lower side bolster.

Ideal mounting of such a seat has you pretty reclined. the reason for this is to spread your weight up the seatback rather than compressing your back down to your hips, and then transfering your weight into the seat.

WRX & Imprezza RS seats are some more good OE options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke