Emergency Solar Signal Install

MtnMan

Observer
Today lets install a vital piece of safety equipment, the emergency solar signaling device.
Image00001.jpg

Supplies you will need for this install vary by vehicle make. Mine is an 07 JK Unlimited, with the worlds thickest hard plastic sun visors, so adjust your parts list as needed.

First, buy your preferred signaling device, this can be confusing as they are sometimes referred to by odd names such as "vanity mirror" or "passenger visor mirror."

Next, see those little brackets on the back?
Image00002.jpg

Yank those off, unless you have normal sun visors. Next, prepare your heavy duty hook and loop.
Image00006.jpg

I prefer the "Extreme" hook and loop for rough surfaces, its very manly. Next peel and stick the prickly side of the hook and loop to the back of your signaling device.
Image00004.jpg

Like this. Next, clean and dry the surface of your visor and determine its location.
Image00007.jpg

Now, take the fuzzy side of the hook and loop...
Image00005.jpg

and peel the backer off, place on the prickly side (sticky side out of course) and carefully position onto the visor.

Voila!
Image00008.jpg

Now you have a very conveniently mounted emergency signal device. For some reason the flash made it look blue, really its not. Oh yeah, it also makes the wife happy.....:sombrero:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Excellent Idea!

Now you can make sure you are looking good right before you are rescued!

I mean.....you don't want anything hanging out of your nose or something and have that plastered all over USA Today!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior