H2 video

datrupr

Expedition Leader
That is a pretty cool vid. I really like the H2's that are devoid of all the chrome, I think it makes them look a little less snooty. I t gives them an enhanced image towards off roading IMO.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I'm confused 4Lo.

I thought you didn't like the stigma associated with the Hummer's.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
I don't and would never own one.

But the video is cool you have to admit. It is all about people enjoying wheeling and that's what it's all about in the end. Out on the trails, everyone should be your friend b/c safety & fun override pride & prejudice.

I guess I see the vehicle and the people who own them as seperate issues.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Wow... :Wow1:
Excellent video...great selection of film clips, well executed.
Never been to Moab...looks like a great place for finding out what a "pucker factor" is...

Ed

Scott Brady

Founder
Life_in_4Lo said:
But the video is cool you have to admit. It is all about people enjoying wheeling and that's what it's all about in the end. Out on the trails, everyone should be your friend b/c safety & fun override pride & prejudice.

I guess I see the vehicle and the people who own them as seperate issues.

Well said... :clapsmile

I have never understood brand bashing. People buy vehicles for many different reasons. For some, reliability and durability are the most important, so they buy model "T"; for others, trail capability is the most important, so they buy model "J". And some need to carry kids, or tow a trailer, or they enjoy driving something different and they buy that.

The only reason why people bash other brands is because of their own insecurity or prejudice. The diversity of vehicles can be a real joy, checking out what one person has done over another.

"You can make fun of a mans wife, but never make fun of his car or his dog"

Scottysan proverb:shakin:

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
The lack of brand bashing is one of the best things about this forum. I was thrilled by everybody's acceptance of everybody's rig online and at the rally.

It makes it way fun to come here ....

Jeff

That video is cool. Moab, Baja ... Too many places to go, and too little time.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Great video! Very nice quality. Now I feel like I've been to Moab. Thanks for sharing that - well worth the download. :)

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
nice find!

Thats a nice find and a great video... It is nice to see the H2 off the pavement and not Mall Wheeling! We all know it is a capable rig, and it is nice to see them in action! I personally have never seen a H2 off the pavement, and have laughed at the sites against the H2 (FUH2.com), but never understood the bashing of it, nor participated in bashing of it or other brands.

The video was set up well, and a quality video! I did not get to see all of it, because i had to leave for work, but I got a good 7 min of viewing time in and was impressed. I wonder how they filmed it, like if it was a camera mount or a passenger holding the camera...

Either way I am excited to watch the rest of the video when I get home.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I think that was impressive!
I have never seen an H2 in action off pavement and was amazed at what they can do. I know I would have to hold my breath if I were in the drivers seat on a few of thoes obstacles!
Kudos to that group for taking advantage of their vehicles' capabiliteis and using them and getting out there, I think that's pretty cool!:victory:

I have also never seen the Moab trails in such detail, can't wait to go!

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
"You can make fun of a mans wife, but never make fun of his car or his dog"

Scottysan proverb:shakin:

I think that's a good proverb, except I dont think you can make fun of a man's wife. hehe ... unless you like beatings lol

I like going back and forth on brand merits and pitfalls tho- just not on the trail. On the net, it's fun to web wheel. On the trail, I like hanging w/ buds and wheeling my rig. hehe

Anyway, that's what I like about that video...

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
jeffryscott said:
The lack of brand bashing is one of the best things about this forum. I was thrilled by everybody's acceptance of everybody's rig online and at the rally.

It makes it way fun to come here ....

Jeff

That video is cool. Moab, Baja ... Too many places to go, and too little time.

I agree wholeheartedly! :D
I find brand bashing to be reallly irritating!

Ed

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
H2's off-road

flyingwil said:
Thats a nice find and a great video... It is nice to see the H2 off the pavement and not Mall Wheeling! We all know it is a capable rig, and it is nice to see them in action! I personally have never seen a H2 off the pavement, and have laughed at the sites against the H2 (FUH2.com), but never understood the bashing of it, nor participated in bashing of it or other brands.

I travelled with the Tucson Hummer group through Charouleau Gap back in April or May and was impressed - not only that they would take them on a challenging trail, but at the vehicle themselves. Their big disadvantage on the trail is their width. The H1 is obviously even worse, and really doesn't have much articulation - but then, it can just bully its way through things. I got under one of the H2s and they had good protection from the factory.

I did have to chuckle a bit at the custom-cut magnetic sheets many put on to protect their body panels from pinstriping. But then again, I've never paid 50K for a vehicle ...

Jeff

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
jeffryscott said:
I travelled with the Tucson Hummer group through Charouleau Gap back in April or May and was impressed - not only that they would take them on a challenging trail, but at the vehicle themselves. Their big disadvantage on the trail is their width. The H1 is obviously even worse, and really doesn't have much articulation - but then, it can just bully its way through things. I got under one of the H2s and they had good protection from the factory.

I did have to chuckle a bit at the custom-cut magnetic sheets many put on to protect their body panels from pinstriping. But then again, I've never paid 50K for a vehicle ...

Jeff

Nice... I have seen many H1's out on the trail... and was allways disappointed in their articulation, however their ground clearance and ability to "bully" did work for them. However, they made some interesting descents on loose terrain. The vehicle's capabilty also changes what lines they must take, as I am sure you well know... I had a H1 try and follow my line, and its size made that line impossible for the H1.

Its all about the vehicle! The best part is that each vehicle is different and unique, that's what makes meet and greets, and trail runs so much fun. The best part is... have you ever meet an owner not proud of their rig?

Ron B

Explorer
true, the H1's articulation is no where near that of a solid axle but it really doesn't need it. I wheel all the time with fully locked trucks, and buit jeeps, I go anywhere they go with finesse and btm. I have the stock torsens, no lockers -- though I'm considering a rear detroit, btm'ing is really hard on the t-case.

The extra width is sometimes an issue, but 95% of the time there is another way around. The advantage of the width is the sideslope ability (some say 50 degrees, other crazy folk say 55 degrees). I rarely get over 45 deg -- any more than that and I might wreck my seats. But I can take lines others would have to bypass because they'd roll. The bad break-over angle is what limits me more than anything. The approach and departure angles are awesome and it's a comfy ride.

I had an H2 for a year, the undercarriage protection is very wanky. Most who wheel have to upgrade it with hd aftermarket stuff. Please continue to chuckle at the magnetic skins -- I think they're rediculous. I hate crome too.

Ron B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne