FOR SALE: Like new Lowrance HDS-5 GPS

spressomon

Expedition Leader
SOLD!

Like new Lowrance HDS-5 GPS unit. With all the things, including unused connection cable assembly, box, etc. as pictured that came with it new when I bought it (new) 6-months ago.

100% like new with the exception of a small stick-on piece of velcro on the front bottom that was used to stabilize it on my dash. Screen is in perfect condition.

Sell: $490 (sells for $700 new)
Shipping is included at no charge (lower 48)

Read more about it here: http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products...tion-System/HDS-5-FishfinderGPS-Chartplotter/

Attachments

• DSC_7501.jpg
    DSC_7501.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_7497.jpg
    DSC_7497.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

tradman

Observer
I've been thinking about getting one of these for awhile. I really like my 60csx but the screen is so small I'm getting a bit tired of it. Only thing is I'm not sure where i would mount this in my 100. Where did you end up putting it and why are you selling it?

Thanks

spressomon

Expedition Leader
This is a good deal for someone in the market. Does it come with any pre-loaded mapping?

No maps. My MapCreate 7 DVD took a dump otherwise I would have included 2Gb worth of topo data. There are a number of topo purveyors that offer topo map data for these.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I use a RAM windshield mount augmented by resting on the dash (hence the velcro on the front bottom area). Its super convenient to access while driving (yeah I know... :rolleyes:) and doesn't move around; yet easy/quick to remove for whatever reason.

I bought this as an upgrade to my Lowrance Baja 540C and there is just not enough difference, for me anyway, to justify keeping it; although I do like the fact it has an internal antenna instead of the outboard antenna puck on my 540C. So I'm using my 540C again; its a little rough around the edges but performs just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier