Extendable Cargo Platform

articulate

Expedition Leader
Those of us who pack like we're going to the moon for a month have to find robust, effective, and space-maximizing cargo solutions.

Sure, that should be easy and cheap, right?

Extendobed.com
NezPerce-2-forweb.jpg

This sucker extends 50" and has a weight capacity of 800 lbs. This is the child's size. They also have a 1200 lbs capacity unit. Marketed to law enforcement and EMT services.

I've been planning, designing, and building a storage system for our truck for months now. A turnkey product that's durable and manufactured better than I can do in the garage would have been worth the cost. I'm not sold the benefits of having the entire thing slide outward. But overall it's a great idea.

You might find this useful, or at least interesting.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
With a bed rail height mounted RTT, I think a slide set up is a great idea. Wouldn't this be more about your size?

Extendo Bed Light
EBL-Avalanche.jpg

They even have an awning too, so if it is raining, everything won't get wet when you slide it out -
awning-fully-installed_s.jpg

I guess concerns would be the additional payload weight, how secure can it be mounted to the body of the vehicle and the loss of whatever room the mount/slides take up.

But I do think with a RTT mounted where you have it, and with your H20 tank underneath, that a slide would be a great idea for accessing your gear.

Good find!

viter

Adventurer
seems to me like this thing would only decrease the available space, unless you plan to drive with the thing hanging out and I can't really imagine you doing that off-road (something will definitely break - be it platform or whatever it is mounted to). I have a double cab minitruck too and just use a bed extdender with the tailgate down when I need more space - works out pretty good even offroad with bikes in the back. but I guess you wouldn't be able to use that with your swing-out tire carrier bumper, unless you modify it to work with the tailgate down...

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
They certainly don't increase the amount of space...but they give you much better access to the space you do have. With a roof top tent mounted over the top of the bed, access is severly restricted. It is no fun having to completely unload the bed so you can get to something that is way up front....with the bed slides, you have easy access to those items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz