isuzu/frontera suspension lift

markrobbins

please could someone advise me on the maximum lift for a vauxhall frontera same as isuzu rodeo and what shocks and springs i should use. once the lift has been completed what is the maximum tyre size i could go up to for mud terrain tyres. your advise would be greatly appreciated as there isnt much info out there for poor frontera drivers. just because we dont drive landies etc. many thanks mark robbins

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mark, I am not sure about the Rodeo, I had a 95 but traded up to my Trooper. I did not do any mods on the Rodeo. For a good source of info try Planetisuzoo. There is a wealth of knowledge there concerning all things Isuzu. I would not rocommend a lift of any higher than about 2". Anything above that it starts getting a bit more complicated concerning extended lines, pinion angles, regearing, tippiness, etc. unless you plan on doing some rock crawling, then the Fronterra is not really recommended for that either.

Sorry I could not help you, but I am sure someone around here can be of help. There is also a wealth of knowledge here as well, and a bit more friendly to boot. Welcome to the Portal!:beer:

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Mark,

Thanks for stopping in. I apologize, but my experience with late model Rodeo's is limited. I did own a 1993 for several years and lifted that truck with an AAL (add-a-leaf) in the rear and cranked the torsion bars up front. I was able to run a 32" tall tire with minimal rubbing.

93Rodeo_jpg.jpg

Note: old picture, pre- Tread Lightly... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles