Can you believe this?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I installed the ARB winch bumper on Roseann's Tacoma today. The instructions say to "remove the stock bumper and crush cans."

I always thought the stock Tacoma bumper was a bit cheesy for such a high-quality truck, but I never imagined what I'd find when I got to the "crush cans":

crushcans.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
:xxrotflma

Oh, and cool canvas tarp. You always have the coolest gear :ylsmoke:

Attachments

• tool_kit.JPG
    tool_kit.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 99

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
:clapsmile

Ha, Looks like she has a nice set of cans!

Back to the ARB... are you in the process of doing the end cap mod?

Wil

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
The, uh, what mod? I haven't heard of it!

The bumper went on pretty painlessly, although I was mildly annoyed to have to elongate several of the holes in the brackets to match the Toyota's frame holes. I also ditched the plastic insert screw holders for the turn signals for stainless bolts and nylocks.

The tarp is actually a rollup canvas stretcher. It makes a great drop cloth when you aren't carrying casualties.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
So Chuck - let it be known that you should ALWAYS assume Jonathan is pulling a fast one. You will be much safer. Despite 21 years of marriage, he still gets me.

His most brilliant and successful ruse to date occurred shortled after I met him and his best friend, Bruce - they've been partners in crime since they were 7 years old. He was showing me pictures of his family, and came upon a photo of him and Bruce at about 16, dressed in western wear, but Bruce was missing the lower part of his right leg and was on crutches. Jonathan said, "Oh, you didn't know Bruce lost his leg in a motorcycle accident when we were 14? Yeah, you'd never know today - his prosthetic is really good."

And for 3 months I thought Bruce had a fake leg, and I kept trying to get a peek.

Needless to say . . . it was not a fake leg it was a fake photo and they STILL tease me about it:exclaim:

asteffes

Explorer
From pics I've seen of an ARB installation on an '05 Taco, the new trucks are not any better. The factory front bumpers on these trucks is a joke.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Here are varying degrees of protection! I've heard that it's better to use these during your "Scenic" mountain treks!:D

32 oz cans may give the best overall protection!.......so choose wisely! But you may bump your head during swift manuvers.;)

titlecans5.JPG

....hey....I know it's moose pee but it's the only pics I could find!......hehe

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Jonathan Hanson said:
No, Chuck, Really! The Tacoma had green bean cans attached to the bumpers!

Roseann always spoils the fun . . .

:shakin: :shakin: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm a dork, I half believed you for a minute. :D :eek:

flyingwil

Jonathan Hanson said:
The, uh, what mod? I haven't heard of it!

The bumper went on pretty painlessly, although I was mildly annoyed to have to elongate several of the holes in the brackets to match the Toyota's frame holes. I also ditched the plastic insert screw holders for the turn signals for stainless bolts and nylocks.

The tarp is actually a rollup canvas stretcher. It makes a great drop cloth when you aren't carrying casualties.

The end cap mod is strengthening the end caps of the Taco for winch useage... Let me see if I can find the link for you... Be right Back...

flyingwil

End Cap Mod Linky... Found!

flyingwil said:
The end cap mod is strengthening the end caps of the Taco for winch useage... Let me see if I can find the link for you... Be right Back...

Ok, I Found the Link! HERE

ec1.jpg

ec2.jpg

img_0713.jpg

Hope it Helps a bit!

Wil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94