New to the board

BC Explorer

Adventurer
Hello everyone,

My name is Christopher, and I'm really glad :wings: I found this forum which is what I do with my truck. I own a 92 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a few mods like 4.5"s of lift and 31's on Moab wheels as well as other mods.

Here is a poser pic of the truck:
PICT0364web.jpg

and our camp on a recent 4 day trip through out the Cariboo, Chilcotin area of B.C.
(the paper on the ground is were we were digging the fire pit) :
DSCF1894.jpg

Some of the roads that we travelled during our trip:
DSCF1863.jpg

Here is the GPS to give you any idea of our location and altitude:
DSCF1939.jpg

Thanks everyone

Christopher

Last edited:

BC Explorer

Adventurer
Thanks for the welcome and compliment on the truck.
Future plans and stuff that is in the works for the truck are rear cargo drawers (working on it now) and possible bed or roof top tent, new style roof rack, new GPS and mount, LED lighting and more.

This is what the back looks like now and soon to have drawers:
Were the cooler is sitting there will be a 12" high, 41.5" wide by 24" deep cabinet with three drawers and the cooler will be on top on a slide (similar to the Engel fridges) on top of that.
The storage rack might have to go.
DSCF1993.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF1995.jpg

flywgn

Explorer
A hearty welcome to ExPo, Christopher.

Nice rig you have. Thanks for posting.

You live in wonderful country. I can't read the coordinates on your GPS, but is that west of Williams Lk?

One summer we took the road north out of Lillooet, across into the Fraser River drainage, and on to Williams Lk. Each time since then as we pass through on the way farther north we make a note to go back and take Hwy 20 out to Bella Coola. It looks like there are beaucoup side trips.

We also like the area east of Williams Lk in the vicinity of Likely and Horsefly.

Again, welcome.

Allen R

Never been a huge Jeep fan, but yours is set up pretty nice. I really lik that basket in the rear cargo area. Looks good.

Welcome to Expo!

BC Explorer

Adventurer
flywgn said:
A hearty welcome to ExPo, Christopher.

Nice rig you have. Thanks for posting.

You live in wonderful country. I can't read the coordinates on your GPS, but is that west of Williams Lk?

One summer we took the road north out of Lillooet, across into the Fraser River drainage, and on to Williams Lk. Each time since then as we pass through on the way farther north we make a note to go back and take Hwy 20 out to Bella Coola. It looks like there are beaucoup side trips.

We also like the area east of Williams Lk in the vicinity of Likely and Horsefly.

Again, welcome.

Allen R

Your correct about the area, we were just south west of Williams lake and made plans to continue up the FSR's to Hwy 20 to Bella Coola. The plans changed quickly do to some dipstick arsonist burning down the bridge.
We decided to cut east and take the China Head Mtn trail.
This was an excellent choice, the trip was the best so far with the most unreal landscape I have ever laid eyes on and elevations topping 7100 ft.
The China Head trail was worth the trip all on its own !

If you are ever in the area and were heading up again you should come along.

Christopher

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Welcome and nice truck, my buddy has been bugging me to build him that exact rack. Do you have any pics of how you mounted it?

flywgn

Explorer
BC Explorer said:
...If you are ever in the area and were heading up again you should come along.

Christopher

Many thanks for the invitation. You never know.

Is the China Head Mtn Trail anywhere near China Lk?

Allen R

Willman

Welcome to the ExPo!!!!

I love BC!!!!! Great area!....I spent 6 months in and around the Nelson, BC area!

:)

BC Explorer

Adventurer
Thought I would try and post up a video from our last trip.
This section of road is called the "Tyaughton Lake Forest Service Road"
This section is quite smooth and can be travelled at a quick but safe speed.

Enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke