Long Ranger Auxilary Fuel Tank

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
I can't find any information about getting a Long Ranger fuel tank for my 4 door wrangler. I wrote to ARB and have had no answer. This time of year, I'm in Southern California (Encinitas - north county San Diego) and would happily drive several hours to get one / and have it installed. Or at least find out logistics (costs...?)

That all mumbled - does anyone out there have any information on these tanks - specifically someone that installs them - and hopefully imports them?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Oh - I was actually thinking about going the AEV fuel caddy route if I can't do the Long Ranger... but figured it would be best case scenario to have the gas carried under the vehicle, rather than behind the spare tire - more stable... plus the ease of flipping a switch tank to tank, among other things...

damienperu

Observer
Hi Carolyn,

As far as I know the biggest you can get prefabbed from long ranger for a wrangler is 68 litres. I don't know if that is because it's all they can fit or because in Australia Wranglers aren't a popular choice for long range vehicles. I know they are very good tanks, but if I was going to the trouble of installing a second tank I'd look for something much bigger if there's room... I don't know how much or little room you have under a wrangler, but for example long ranger themselves do a 180 litre tank for a landcruiser.

Cheers,

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Damien, thanks for your input here. You make an excellent point. I'd most likely rather have 20 gallons more, but this is almost 18. I like the fit, and the kit. But am certainly open to other ideas - that may be a bit larger, or at least more accessible to me here in SoCal.

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Hey Mike..... thanx! Yes, I had seen those threads, but didn't realize that James L. is an installer. I sent him an email today to see if he still does/or knows of another...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz