New Member and Tire/Lift Question

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Hello to Y'all. I'm really enjoying the forum. On to my Question. I recently put 265/75R16 BFGs on my Toyota Dbl Cab. I've got the front wheel rubbing problem figured out, thanks to Scott at Expeditions West. My new concern is the rear wheel well. I can see that if I bottom out from either a heavy load( I do use my truck as one to help friends) or from a fun trail, the tire and well will interact. I've heard about centering the wheel in the well. but really don't want lift the truck too much. Like to keep break lines etc stock. Also planning on putting a shell on the truck. Any suggestions?

Willman

Welcome to the ExPo!

A set of 5 to 7 pack springs from Deaver will center your axle and give ya a little lift in the rear.

:)

texas taco

Adventurer
I have a db cab Tacoma with a camper, and i put the Old Man Emu suspension with the HD springs from ARB on it and i love it. With a camper it rides great, and i didn't have to modify any lines or anything else.. It only gave me about 2" or so of lift.

outsidr

Adventurer
If you don't wish to lift the truck, then you can pick up firestone air helper springs to create additional load capacity. The beauty of that system is that your ride never changes and you can adjust the air helper springs so that they equalize the load and ride smooth.

Keep in mind this is a solution for loaded situations. If your topper and normal everyday load will cause the tire to contact, your best bet is a new spring pack designed for a constant heavier load. Deaver and OME would be excellent choices. Many run both air and spring combinations to cover all the bases.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Thanks for the great input guys. Deaver is just down (30 miles) the street (freeway) from me. (I'm in Southern California for pete's sake!) So I'll pay them a visit to get the best package for my needs. Thanks Outsidr for the advice on the airbags. Will probably include those too.

texas taco

Adventurer
Oh sorry. I have a leer topper shell. It is not a "Camper". I have a Load Warrior on it. I have carried 2 MTN bikes 1 canoe and a weeks worth of gear on it though, and th OME springs handle the weight nicely..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94