American Expedition Vehicles

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Any one have experperience with AEV? I used to be a fan of their site and would dream of the 112" wheel base Wrangler prior to Jeep (O|||||O) buying their idea for the Unlimited. Looks like they have some great "off the shelf" products.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/

I like the the Brute! Bet they will soon be available from the Dealerships soon.

P1010161.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I have talked with several people who own vehicles that were modified by AEV. They do some very nice work, and the fact that all the modifications are covered under warranty is a bonus. Unfortunately, every person I talked to about their AEV vehicles ends up looking at me like I am crazy when I ask them about the off road performance....they were all street queens! The last guy I talked to was up in Surprize AZ, had a AEV built jeep rubicon, hemi conversion, dana 60 axles, ARB's, bumpers, skid plates, blah blah blah....the poor jeep never even saw a dirt parkinglot, let alone a nice scenic 2 track.....

Attachments

• 3004.jpg
    3004.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 401

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
goodtimes said:
....they were all street queens! ....the poor jeep never even saw a dirt parkinglot, let alone a nice scenic 2 track.....

That so sad :confused: , looks like they amke some great products! Love watching that company!

Scott Brady

Founder
The Brute is one of the best looking domestic rigs available. I would be proud to have one in my driveway and use it on the local trails.

It is probably pretty reliable too. All of the Wranglers I have owned have been flawless, even well past 100,000 miles. The others Jeeps do not share the same result...

Scott Brady

Founder
They are very expensive... Around $60,000 US.

I am waiting for a company to start doing Common Rail Diesel swaps into these vehicles. That will be exciting!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I had heard from a local guy in town who attended the Moab Easter Jeep Safari that someone had rolled a brand new Brute on the slickrock. However I've yet to see any pics and I'm wondering if he was confusing the Brute with the brand new Rubicon that was rolled on Flat Iron Mesa Trail the same week -

129_0504_moab_32_z.jpg

Attachments

• Moab 004.jpg
    Moab 004.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Moab 006.jpg
    Moab 006.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Christmas Vacation 2011 035.jpg
    Christmas Vacation 2011 035.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Christmas Vacation 2011 034.jpg
    Christmas Vacation 2011 034.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Cobra CPI 1575.jpg
    Cobra CPI 1575.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 7

crawldit

Adventurer
That picture is what happens when someone has more money than driving skills. That's the only thing that bothers me about companies creating these turn-key off road machines. Just because someone can afford it doesn't mean they should be behind the wheel ;)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Crawldit - You and I are very much on the same page in our way of thinking.

I'm a big proponent of developing skills first, than adding modifications to enhance one's ability. Too many inexperienced folks think that having a locker, winch and sliders will enable them to take a "magic carpet ride" to anywhere. Modifications are enhancements, not substitutes for experience.

That said, that Rubicon was being piloted by two Jeep execs, who regardless of skill level and experience, should have had a little bit better understanding of what that vehicle was capable of. Sad and funny really.

crawldit

Adventurer
I bet the greenies love that video. It shows them rolling the Jeep back over on top of a bush and then they get a shot of the fluid spill on the trail :gunt:
Those are two reasons WHY they want to close those trails down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles