Mitsubishi Montero

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I admit to knowing nothing about these vehicles. Anybody have any feedback or knowledge of off road prowess and upgrades? Links or pics?

rionorte

Calamaridog,
I feel your pain. I have a Montero Sport and Ive recently decided to mod it and Ive scoured the Internet for info. Youll mostly get alot of Eclipse or ricer or bling blings.

Not like MUD. You have to work at it to find answers in my case. Good news for you is that there is more info on the real Montero. Try this link:
http://www.4x4wire.com/mitsubishi/

And if all else fails try MUD. One of our tech members used to own a Montero - IdahoDoug.

Last edited by a moderator:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
From my understanding the full sized Montero is a very capable truck. I do not know about the aftermarket for them though. Sorry I couldn't help out more. I do really like the full size Montero's though, I actually thought about getting one before I got my Trooper.

Scott Brady

Founder
The latest gen truck would not be a good choice IMO. Too big.

The previous gen could be purchased with a rear locker. There is all of the typical ARB/OME goodies available for it too.

BlueTrooper

Mitsubishis in general are considered to be good vehicles that don't hold their value.

In other words, you might get a used Montero really cheap. I considered them back when I bought my Trooper...nice, high and roomy, but I just liked the Troopers better. :D

The way to find the real selection is to go through a broker who has access to the dealer-only auto auctions (yeah, I do have a buddy...). This is where the dealers go to get most of their used-car inventory. Acres and acres of cars (mostly 3-4 year-old lease returns)...it's quite a sight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier