Trailer Insurance

kb7our

Explorer
How are you guys insuring your trailers? I tried going through Progressive and they said sorry we don't insure that kind of trailer (utility). Maybe my Geico auto policy covers anything I tow and I don't even know it. Ideas?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I have mine insured by Allstate as a separate policy from my LC....runs about $150 per year. I told them it is a camping trailer...maybe try that.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I have an Allstate policy too...
safari.gif

My agent put my Horizon in to Mercury as an RV camper same as a pop up. No issues here with having it separately insured for its invoice value.

kb7our

Explorer
Thanks for the tips!

robert j. yates said:
My agent put my Horizon in to Mercury as an RV camper same as a pop up. No issues here with having it separately insured for its invoice value.

My first mistake I think with Progressive (where we insure our RV) is I said utility trailer and they could not find a way to do it. Now I know to say camping trailer or pop-up style trailer and it appears I will be golden. They key is I want it insured for "invoice value" not just a few thousand which I believe it the case with many auto policies that cover whatever you tow behind it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke