Series IIA Land Rover Station Wagon LWB - $11500 (Prescott, Arizona)

Westy

Adventurer
I found this for sale: Not every day you see one of these locally for those interested...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/132738336.html
ViVBix51W0T4Imh98HtjzV4aEaIN.jpg

1964 Land Rover Series IIA 109 Station Wagon (LWB),Tropical Roof, Original Interior, Capstan Winch, Pierce Manifold with Weber 2-BBL Carb, Warn Hubs, Frame in excellent condition as is the Engine, Transmission and Transfer Case. All guages work. Has original Side Steps & Rear Step (5). Excellent unrestored vehicle. Have Fairey Overdrive in box. Excellent for restoration or just drive. Vehicle is very reliable. Call Thomas @ 928.636.0202

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
go for it Scott

Scott, it is in or around Prescott ... do it, come on, you know you'd like to ....:rolleyes:

Jeff

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I spoke with Thomas, the seller, earlier this evening. I just couln't help myself and had to know more! It sounds like a wonderful vehicle with no mechanical or engine problems at all. For the most part it is all original but it does have the military grade leaf springs and 2 or 3 upgraded engine components. He mentioned that it could use some new upholstery on some of the seats sooner or later but that the seats are the original spring seats and very comfortable.

C'MON SCOTT DO IT, DO IT FOR THE REST OF US!!!:jumping:

Scott Brady

Founder
I wish...

I probably going to need to buy a plane ticket to Paris and a new lens and possibly a new video camera. :archaeolo

blupaddler

Conspirator
:confused:

What?!?! Does this mean there is a "photographic journey" of Paris coming up?

Actually, I was seriously looking at one just like that about seven years ago. It was restored, and had the diesel 4cyl engine. Price was the same too. I often regret passing it up. :rolleyes:

Scott Brady

Founder
blupaddler said:
:confused:

What?!?! Does this mean there is a "photographic journey" of Paris coming up?

Well, kind of. The trip starts in Paris, then a train, ferry, sand, etc. Look for more details early next week (as things get firmed up). :ylsmoke:

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
This ad (and thread) was from 2006....With inflation, in today's dollars, it's probably $20K!:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles